Tarrant County Government DEPUTY CONSTABLE (Constable-Pct 7) in Tarrant County, Texas
THIS POSTING MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME ONCE A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.
Responsible for serving civil process and warrants, investigating criminal law violations and filing cases with the Justice Court and District Attorney. Responsible for courtroom security and safety and conducting building security. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes civil process, writs and warrants.
- Assists the District Attorney's Office and Probation Department with making arrests.
- Patrols area and maintains awareness of Precinct for crime prevention.
- Provides enforcement at civil standbys.
- Performs refuse and traffic enforcement.
- Assists all law enforcement agencies.
- Collects executions on judgments.
- Prepares all court documents for return after execution.
- Provides security for courthouse and acts as court bailiff.
- Maintains and secures the court room.
- Assists the general public with information and direction in court or in the County facility.
- Assists the court personnel in obtaining and securing jury services or sequestering a jury panel.
- Conducts warrant checks or confirms warrants on defendants.
- Provides security for all County buildings or departments in the Precinct as requested.
- May perform some administrative duties for the Judge.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements: Associate's degree or 60 hours college and three (3) years law enforcement experience or a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and one (1) year law enforcement experience or five (5) years law enforcement experience or any equivalent combination based on 30 college hours equaling one (1) year of experience. Valid and current Texas Driver's License. Valid and current TCLEOSE Certification. Demonstration of firearm proficiency. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred. Tarrant County will conduct background checks that will include a criminal background check and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records or educational attainment. Physical Demands and Work Environment & Other Requirements: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, run, kneel and twist the upper body. Use of a vehicle is required to perform the essential job functions. Incumbent must be able to respond to emergency situations which may include the use of physical force.
Job Title: DEPUTY CONSTABLE (Constable-Pct 7)
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 10/26/16 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $23.89 Hourly
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Location: Tarrant County, Texas