Tarrant County Government PART-TIME GRAPHICS ASSISTANT - Facilities in Tarrant County, Texas
Creates forms, business cards, brochures, labels, decals, certificates, posters and all other related documents using industry standard desktop publishing applications. Prepares proof copies for requesting department's approval. Receives digital files from County departments and revises for printing. Manipulates the format of documents prior to transmitting to print servers or digital imaging equipment. Scans documents to become part of the division's digital file system. Mounts and laminates posters. Processes printing requests via network. Performs general office duties as required. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
POSITION MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME AFTER A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates microcomputer equipment. Typesets forms, business cards, brochures, certificates and all other related documents.
- Sends files to print on digital imaging equipment and print servers.
- Mounts, laminates, and makes posters.
- Scans jobs to become part of the permanent file server.
- Creates faxes for proofs, faxes proofs, and follows up on proofs.
- Reformats documents received from County departments and assists County employees with preparation for jobs.
- Processes printing requests via network.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements: NOTE: You must fill out the work history and education sections of application to show you have years of experience/education as required by hiring department or be disqualified.
High school diploma or GED + Three (3) full-time years graphics and computer related experience.
Knowledge of PageMaker or InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office products preferred.
Knowledge of industry standard software programs preferred.
Must have experience working in a digital imaging environment.
If hired, must provide proof of educational attainment at new hire processing.
Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications in the past seven years and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually.
Physical Demands and Work Environment & Other Requirements: While performing the duties of this position the incumbent is regularly required to bend, carry, climb, grasp/squeeze, hear, keyboard, lift below the waist, lift between waist and shoulder, lift overhead, lift to the side/twist, tolerate noise, pull, push, reach, reach overhead, perform repetitive tasks, see color, see near, sit, have exposure to solvents, squat, stand, stoop, talk, twist, use his/her hands, drive a vehicle, walk, use wide hand spread, work alone and with others, and work overtime. There is exposure to print shop chemicals, slippery floors, and potential violence from Community Supervision or Work Release individuals.
Job Title: PART-TIME GRAPHICS ASSISTANT - Facilities
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 11/15/16 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $13.00 - $16.00 Hourly
Job Type: County Part-Time Employee (#0021)
Location: Tarrant County, Texas