Tarrant County Government PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE (BSN Required) in Tarrant County, Texas
Provide public health nursing and education services.
**Why are Nurses coming to Tarrant County Public Health?
- Day shift work schedules - Monday through Friday
- Great benefits
- CEU's and more educational opportunities
- The opportunity to make a difference in our community
- Minimal travel required
- Research opportunities
- The chance to work maternal and child health issues throughout the community
- The opportunity to address a variety of chronic disease issues
Posting may close at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical services
- Performs reporting and documentation
- Makes referrals as needed
- Performs all other related duties involved in the operation of the Public Health Department as assigned or required Minimum Requirements:
NOTE:YOU MUST FILL OUT THE WORK HISTORY and EDUCATION SECTIONS OF APPLICATION TO SHOW YOU HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION AS REQUIRED BY HIRING DEPARTMENT OR BE DISQUALIFIED.
TO APPLY, must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or higher.
TO APPLY, must have One (1) full-time year of related work experience.
TO APPLY, must have current RN licensure.
MUST PROVIDE LICENSING AGENCY AND LICENSE NUMBER IN "CERTIFICATES AND LICENSING" SECTION OF THE APPLICATION OR RISK DISQUALIFICATION.
TO APPLY, must possess a valid Driver License. Note: Texas driver license required to hold the position.
Organization and people skills are needed.
Good documentation and teaching skills are preferred.
If hired, must provide proof of educational attainment at New Hire Processing or during the promotional process.
Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications in the past seven years and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually.
Physical Demands and Work Environment & Other Requirements: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, lift, push and pull.
Job Title: PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE (BSN Required)
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 11/08/16 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $1,916.23 - $2,299.47 Biweekly $49,821.98 - $59,786.22 Annually
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Location: Tarrant County, Texas