Wilsonart LLC Database Administrator in Temple, Texas
Requisition Number: 170-10-2016
Job Title: Database Administrator
Wilsonart LLC, Temple, Texas currently has an opening for a Data Base Administrator. This individual will is responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. In addition to the Oracle Data bases, the role also has responsibility over SQL and Progress Databases. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has 8+ years of experience in database development and support,
- Strong experience in Database Administration in Oracle 8I 9I and 11G,
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization,
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot Data Base related CPU,memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching.
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
- Solid acquaintance with windows server, Unix/Linux Servers, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures ( creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
- Database Operational support to tech users
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
- Experience as System Administrator managing Unix and Linux Servers
- Experience with Best practice configuration and monitoring of Oracle databases on ODA appliances.
- Experience managing SQL 2003 or higher
- Experience with Progress database and associated tools
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree, or related field with 8+ years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.