Wilsonart LLC Digital Design Specialist in Temple, Texas
Requisition Number: 155-08-2016
Job Title: Digital Design Specialist
Digital Design Specialist
Wilsonart LLC, Temple, Texas currently has an opening for a Digital Design Specialist. This individual will create and develop graphic designs for the digital print library under the guidance of Digital Design Specialist Manager (DDSM). Tests new designs for printability. Work as a liaison between Design, Printer Tech, Research and Development and Manufacturing to ensure product is printed and produced to specification.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create new designs for use in the digital design library (Virtual Design Library, VDL) as directed by DDSM
- Evaluate files for printability. (check for banding, correct any inconsistencies in files, potential issues with production runs, color issues)
- Maintain internal elements to implement all VDL designs. This will include setting up and distribution of standards, maintaining files on the shared drive. This will also include working with both separated and non-separated files to expand a design into several colorways.
- Assist DDSM as point of contact to manufacturing for color issues and technical concerns. Work between the printer tech and manufacturing to evaluate color inconsistencies and correct problems with guidance of DDSM
- Implement steps required to convert designs from digital to roto-gravure or vice versa
- Assist manufacturing to achieve tight tolerance specifications for Wilsonart X You (WxY) and VDL. (For example, Design alignment in the manufacturing process)
- Assist R&D with evaluation of new technologies to determine if those technologies will work with our product.
- Grow personal knowledge of digital print industry.
Education and Experience – Two to four year degree in field related to graphics/technical/art design plus 3 years of hands on design experience. A 2 year level of knowledge in the field of digital printing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be advanced skill level in Photoshop and Illustrator; working knowledge of rip software.
- Experience in design scaling and layout work is beneficial.
- Must be able to multi-task with the ability to work quickly to fulfill fast-paced deadlines, on time.
- Technical minded with a creative side. Science/math related fields of study a plus.
- Must be open minded to collaborative problem solving and use a trial and error process. Self-motivated, independent worker with creative and flexible working style.
- Must pass a color test (cannot be color blind).
- Experience and knowledge of laminate manufacturing departments and processes beneficial.
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 25% of time.
Physical Requirements - Light to medium work. Tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials up to 50 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.