Baylor Scott & White Health Director Payroll in Temple, Texas
BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
Title: Director Payroll
Required Education: Bachelors or Equivalent
Required Experience: A minimum of 8 years required
Responsible for overseeing the accurate and timely processing and preparation of the System¿s payroll, ensuring only authorized payments are made. Monitors and ensures proper documentation of employee benefit payments, accurate accounting distribution, preparation of deductions, maintenance of payroll records, completion of W-2 forms, proper governmental reporting and compliance.
- Oversees and ensures the accurate and timely processing and preparation of the Systems bi-weekly payroll in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Prepares, documents and disburses payroll checks, payroll taxes and employee benefit payments.
- Establishes and maintains accounting policies, fiscal controls and budgets, safeguarding the System¿s assets.
- Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
- Prepares reports illustrating payroll expenditures, including such items as tax payments and benefit plan disbursements.
- Oversees the maintenance of individual payroll records and completion of W-2 forms.
- Ensures proper governmental reporting and compliance. Liaison for regulatory agencies and auditors.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Evaluates current systems and processes, recommends and develops operating efficiency improvements.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required
- Strong leadership, management, analytical and communication abilities required
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action required.
- 8+ Years
Job Family: Finance and Accounting