Baylor Scott & White Health Hospitality Svc Assoc - EVS; FT in Temple, Texas
Hospitality Svc Assoc - EVS
Full - Time (40 hours; 10 hour shifts)
MemHos EVS Memorial
Under the general supervision of the Hospitality Service Supervisor, the Hospitality Service Associate-EVS serves as part of a cross-functional, patient care service delivery team performing a broad range of non-clinical support service duties, with environmental service duties at the core. This position provides efficiency and quality of care by focusing on the patients comfort/concerns to enhance patient satisfaction and safety, while freeing Nursing staff to prioritize medical and Nursing tasks. Although the Hospitality Service Associate serves primarily as a collaborative team member of Nursing, environmental and food service, the program is designed to interface with Linen, Patient Transportation, Waste Management, Maintenance, etc., to assure a high touch service for our patients.
Performs a variety of duties ranging from routine room and discharge cleaning in assigned patient areas to public restroom and Nursing station cleaning. Primary duties are performed on the Nursing in-patient units and the majority of time is spent serving or interacting with patients in the acute care setting and working closely with Nursing to assist in the delivery of direct patient care.
MAINTAIN ALL ASSIGNED ROOMS, AREAS, AND SPACES USING APPROPRIATE METHODS AND PROTOCOL
* Clean and stock assigned cart daily. Uses the prescribed cart set-up protocol. Stores cart in the assigned area.
* Clean patient rooms, isolation rooms, nurse stations, offices, staff areas, restrooms, and other ancillary areas with the proper chemicals correctly diluted and dispensed. Spot cleans carpeting as trained.
* Clean discharge rooms within prescribed time allowances; notify bed tracking when in process and when completed.
MAINTAIN A FRIENDLY, EFFICIENT, POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTITUDE TOWARD PATIENTS, SCOTT & WHITE STAFF, GUESTS, AND CO-WORKERS
* Greet patients upon entering their room, asks about patient needs, and responds immediately to requests.
* Greet all guests in a friendly manner and offer to help if they appear lost, confused, or otherwise in need of something.
* Upon entering the assigned work area, check with the area manager or clerk to determine any special needs.
CONTRIBUTE TO A SAFE AND SANITARY ENVIRONMENT
* Diligently employ universal precautions when cleaning, disposing of soiled linen or trash, and/or handling bio-hazardous materials.
* Notify supervisor and other staff immediately of any unsafe or unsanitary conditions or actions by other personnel.
ADHERE TO AND SUPPORT HOSPITALITY SERVICE AND SCOTT & WHITE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, AS WELL AS ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS
* Adhere to department standards of conduct, dress codes, and policies at all times while serving patients in isolation using appropriate techniques and Standard Precautions.
* Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
* Adhere to department and hospital safety policies and procedures, and respond as assigned to internal/external disaster drills, and emergencies within the assigned area.
* Respond to pages and other requests immediately.
AID HOSPITALITY UNIT TEAM BY PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING SECONDARY DUTIES AS NEEDED
* Provide AM patient wake-up to all assigned patients.
* Provide fresh drinking water and beverage service to patients not on fluid restrictions as assigned.
* Conduct inventory, cleaning, and restocking of patient rooms, food pantry, and/or refrigerator.
* Solicit patient feedback regarding meal service.
*Pass/Retrieve meal trays to/from patient rooms, at the end of the meal period place retrieved dirty trays on food cart and move cart to its designated pickup location.
* Maintain temperature logs for refrigerator and freezer.
* Clean and processes patient service wares and delivery equipment.
* Clean nourishment rooms throughout the day.
* Record patient I&O and food/liquid consumption on appropriate record.
* Assist patient transport staff with positioning, mobility and transfer of patients to/from a bed/stretcher while maintaining proper body mechanics.
* Assist patient in discharge preparation and work with patient transport to ensure timely patient discharge.
PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong, positive, friendly customer service attitude toward patients, guests, and co-workers
* Professionalism to deal with difficult situations and resolve issues/concerns in an effective manner
* Proficient verbal and written English communications skills
* Ability to safely climb and work off step stools and ladders
* Ability to learn new methods and materials when introduced
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos and other forms of verbal and written communication
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations
* Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
* Experience in a customer service role required
* Environmental service experience preferred
Job Family: Support Services