Baylor Scott & White Health Patient Service Specialist III Cardio Temple Job in Temple, Texas
The Patient Services Specialist III (PSS III) performs a range of expert-level intake and associated administrative services pertaining to patients being admitted to the treatment facility or receiving outpatient services to include collecting co-pays and deposits; scheduling follow-up appointments; and ordering diagnostic tests as directed. The Patient Services Specialist III will also have responsibility for the following:
• Interviews patients to obtain demographic and insurance information necessary for medical record identification and bill processing
• Inputs patient registration information into computer registration system and verifies accuracy of information
• Provides accurate patient, medical, financial, or procedural information to patients
• Discusses financial arrangements and issues with patients and/or family members
• Facilitates patient and information flow by directing patients to correct locations, arranging patient transport, answering incoming telephone calls, and providing clerical support
• Prepares required forms orders and maintains inventory of supplies as required
• Analyze unpaid third-party claims and delinquent accounts to determine appropriate follow-up actions to ensure payment
• Acts as a mentor to other department PSS employees and provides training on application, website and other resources
The ideal Patient Service Representative III (PSS III) candidate is organized, detail-oriented and shows a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team.
• Location/Facility Scott and White Medical Center - Temple
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
• Specialty/Department/Practice PSS
• Shift/Schedule Patient Service Specialist I Job
• Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
• Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
• 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
• Tuition Reimbursement
• PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
• 2 years of experience required
As a health care system committed to improving the health of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same behaviors that we promote to our patients. As of January 1, 2012, Baylor Scott & White Health no longer hires individuals who use nicotine products.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.