Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurse OR Fellowship in Temple, Texas
Baylor Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Level One Trauma Facility located in Temple, Texas
OPERATING ROOM FELLOWSHIP
A limited number of Fellowship positions are available in the Operating Room at Memorial Hospital in Temple TX
These unique positions are for nurses with a minimum of 1 year of RN hospital based experience that are looking to transition into the OR environment.
This is an opportunity that builds upon current nursing experience and will prepare you to work in the OR.
27 Suite OR Specializing in Cardiovascular, Orthopedic/Neurology and General Surgery
Full Time- 8/10 and 12 hour shifts
Day and Evening Shifts available
Minimal call in some specialties
Baylor Scott & White Health is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the state of Texas. With total assets of $9 billion and serving a population larger than the state of Virginia, we have the vision and resources to provide our patients continued quality care while creating a model system for a dramatically changing health care environment. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, Baylor Scott & White Health stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations.
We’re currently seeking RNs with 1 year of hospital experience to join our OR Fellowship program at Baylor Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas. Baylor Scott & White Memorial Hospital is a 636-bed specialty care teaching hospital and the only Level 1 Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin.
Our state-of-the-art 27 suite OR has an average of 55-80 cases daily. With patients receiving care by a team of top medical professionals in their field! Featuring the most advanced technology in the areas of Transplants, Cardiovascular, Orthopedic and General surgery cases.
What Makes Us Unique?
- State of the art technology is used in all aspects of patient care including DaVinci Robots and hybrid rooms.
- Transplant teams for Heart, Kidney and Pancreas
- Total Joint replacement as well as Spinal Surgery
- Nurses are cross trained and have the opportunity scrub
- We are a teaching hospital and enjoy a collaborative environment where teamwork is promoted between physicians and nurses.
- We’re growing! Baylor Scott & White Health is expanding witha new Surgical Sciences Building currently under construction
Requirements of a Qualified Candidate:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing.
- Associate’s Degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be licensed to practice professional nursing by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Minimum 1 year Hospital RN experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Functions competently and effectively in emergency situations.
When you join Baylor Scott & White Health, you’re joining a health care system that spans 49 hospitals and more than 800 patient care sites. But more than that, you’re part of a family of caregivers, each focused on serving the needs of our communities, our patients and each other. Join us, and together we can improve health care and become a national role model for others to follow!
Job Family: Nursing