Texas A&M University Admissions Coordinator in Texarkana, Texas
Position Title Admissions Coordinator
Posting Title Admissions Recruitment Coordinator
System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU)
Department TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW / 02-138301
Posting Number S00061FY17
Salary Commensurate with experience
Pay Basis Annually
Job Close Date
Geographic Location Ft. Worth
Budget Type Budgeted/Benefits - Full-Time
Is this position restricted by the Patriot Act? No
Is this position D.O.T. regulated? No
EEO AA Statement
The Texas A&M System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Position Summary Information
The Admissions Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for assisting in all aspects of departmental operations. He or she coordinates a variety of events in support of enrollment goals and makes key administrative decisions within his or her area(s) of responsibility while managing department resources.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and two years of admissions-related experience in higher education or related profession.
Preferred Education and Experience
Doctor of Jurisprudence or Master’s Degree in higher education administration, enrollment management, organization management, or a related field. Three or more years of direct experience in a law school, graduate school, or professional school admissions program.
Required Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations
Must have or be able to obtain a Texas Class “C” drivers license within 30 days of employment.
Preferred Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations
Required Special Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
Advanced Excel capabilities with knowledge of pivot tables and functions. High level of proficiency in the use of other Microsoft Office Suite software (latest version). Knowledge of the law school admissions process. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
General experience working with enrollment management software and related technology.
Specific experience using the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) ACES2 program.
Knowledge of and experience using Crystal Reports or similar software.
Experience conducting electronic marketing campaigns.
Other Requirements or Other Factors
Energetic, detail oriented, self-starter capable of managing assignments with minimal supervision. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills as frequent presentations and formal reports are required. Extensive domestic travel is required throughout the year. Some international travel is required throughout the year.
Preferred Other Requirements or Other Factors
Detailed Job Duties
- Counsels prospective students (in person, by telephone, and through e-mail) regarding the admissions process and the program of study.
- Oversees individual and group campus visits.
- Coordinates on-campus and local recruiting events and activities.
- Reviews data sources to generate prospect leads.
- Conducts follow-up contacts with prospective students from the point of inquiry thru matriculation.
- Engages in extensive travel to represent the School of Law at local, state, national, and international events.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with constituents to promote the School of Law.
- Assists with the production of printed and web-based marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Coordinates and conducts outreach and post application activities.
- Assists with managing and maintaining website and social media platforms.
- Assists department head in developing and implementing an enrollment management plan and establishing performance goals and measures to evaluate success.
- Assists in formulating and implementing policies and procedures within area(s) of responsibility.
- Manipulates, analyzes, and interprets current, historical, and comparative data to produce reports, inform decisions, and guide actions.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of project teams.
- Administers post-event surveys to measure level of effectiveness.
- Prepares budget proposals for activities and events within area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides verbal and/or written activity updates during staff meetings.
- Evaluates admission applications.
- Performs data entry.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, institutional, and accrediting agency policies and procedures.
- Serves on committees, work groups, and task forces as assigned.
- Actively engages in the activities of relevant professional organizations.
- Engages in continued education to improve skill set and stay abreast of industry standards.
Performs other duties as assigned.