Fluor Plant Engineering: Principal Design Engineer (Mechanical/Piping) in Texas City, Texas
Job Title Plant Engineering: Principal Design Engineer (Mechanical/Piping)
To be Considered Candidates: Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Job Description The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This position has oversight of a specific area, and acts as a representative to the department ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases. This is the Lead position on assigned projects or performs engineering assignments of any complexity.
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of difficult engineering complexity
• Serve as Supervising Lead for both engineers and designers providing guidance/supervision to other leads and function as mentor to less experienced engineers and designers including performance appraisal input and counseling
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements • Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and 20 plus years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field,
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements • Must be organized and possess good time management skills to prioritize workload; identifies key customers and develops specific action plans to grow those accounts;
• Consistently discovers customer needs and current market opportunities
• Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers
• Converts leads into opportunities by identifying the appropriate sales course of action
• Develops multiple relationships with buying influences within the customer’s organization which may include the facility manager, project managers, or purchasing agent
• Experience in dealing with proposal preparation for engineering packages.
• Knowledge of contractual terms and conditions.
Preferred Qualifications • Professional registration and membership in technical society
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
• Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
• Managing and leading a large project
• Project set-up, developing control-level schedules, progress reporting and project close-out
• Practical field experience
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
•Experience with GBR in Texas City Preferred.
•Local to the Texas City area
Degree Required Yes
City (or Nearest City) Texas City
Country United States
Requisition Number 88770BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.