HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN L&D PRN in Texas City, Texas
_Mainland Medical Center__â€“__Texas City, TX_ _Registered Nurse (RN) â€“ Labor & Delivery_ __ Founded in 1952,Mainland Medical Centerhas been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include: * Breast Care Center * Cardiovascular Services * Center for Sleep Disorders * Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine * Emergency Services * Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit * Occupational Health and Wellness * Senior Mental Health * Womenâ€™s Services Mainland Medical Centeris currently looking for aRegistered Nurse (RN) â€“ Labor & Delivery.
* Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
* Applies knowledge of principles of surgical asepsis required for the surveillance of the Labor and Delivery suite environment and provision of direct care services * Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment on the unit * Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the Department Competency Skills list. * Knows and conforms to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the board's rules and regulations affecting the RNs current area of nursing practice. * Clarifies any order or treatment regimen that the nurse has reason to believe is inaccurate, non-efficacious or contraindicated by consulting with the obstetrician and notifying the ordering practitioner when the RN makes the decision not to administer the medication or treatment. * Reports unsafe nursing practice by an RN which a nurse has reasonable cause to suspect has exposed or is likely to expose a client unnecessarily to risk of harm as a result of failing to provide client care that conforms to the minimum standards of acceptable and prevailing professional practice. * Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care in Labor and Delivery. Will participate in peer review and development of unit policies. * Participates in activities related to Performance Improvement. * Responds to emergent care in crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner. * Maintains clear and respectful communication with patient, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers. * Maintains communication with the Charge Nurse of Labor and Delivery to ensure that problems are promptly addressed. * Responsible for triage of patients as required for transfer/discharge utilizing the EMTALA guidelines when applicable. * Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance program. Attends annual training session. * Provides input into the unit effectiveness through written and verbal recommendations. * Facilitates achievement of the department's mission related to quality patient care and service excellence. * Adapts to altered work patterns as needed within the department. * Participates in a rotational call system as needed to provide for continuous availability of patient services. * Assumes responsibility of charging unit, as appropriate.
* One year prior clinical experienced in Labor and Delivery required.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
* Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners.
* Current BLS certification required.
* NRP certification preferred. * ACLS certification preferred.
Title: RN L&D PRN
Location: Texas-Texas City-Mainland Medical Center - Texas City
Requisition ID: 06218-69151