Senior Care Center Management LLC Admissions Coordinator-ADMINC in Texas
Shift: Mon - Fri - Type: Full-time
JOB TITLE*:*ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO*:* ADMINISTRATOR
RESPONSIBILITIES*:*This position handles inquiries from phone interaction or facility visits; provides tour to all interested parties. Interviews patients upon admission; records necessary personal information secures required signatures; prepares and supplies patient data to various departments.
- At least one (1) year of office or LTC clerical experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Prior experience in admissions.
- High school diploma
- Performs pre-admitting activities such as calling residents or family members prior to admission to obtain needed information
- Screening insurance information to identify patients requiring preadmission approval from third-party payers, verifying that approval has been obtained.
- Explaining facilities policies and answering patient inquiries
- Assembling admission folders containing required paperwork for scheduled resident
- Greets and receives residents to be admitted
- Conducts personal interview to obtain required demographic and insurance information and enters same into computer; reviews preadmission information for accuracy and completeness
- Obtains required signatures on legal consents and insurance forms
- Hands out patient information literature
- Notifies nursing unit of resident arrival and assigns rooms
- Calculates daily census and verifies accuracy of nursing-unit census listings
- Answers daily inquiries of residents and public in person or via telephone regarding admitting procedures, facility regulations and services; when necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate person or department elsewhere in the facility; provides directions for finding other areas within the facility
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family members and guests
- Provides back-up relief coverage for telephone operator when necessary
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
- Use appropriate work place behavior; adhere to dress code at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
Have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
As assigned; including some weekends, evenings and holidays; non-exempt position
JOB TITLE: Admissions Coordinator-ADMINC
FACILITY: Cedar Bayou
FULL-TIME/PART TIME: Full-time