Valeant Pharmaceuticals District Manager, Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX in Texas
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
The District Manager (DM) will be responsible for the daily supervision of one geographical region, including coaching for improved performance and monitoring the sales activity within the region. The DM will be accountable for a group of Sales Representative and/or Territory Managers who make product presentations to achieve product awareness, educate the market and generate prescriptions.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe each Sales Representative/Territory Manager’s sales presentations in the field on a regular basis and provide feedback on these observed observations.
• Complete field coaching reports after each travel day.
• Coach group to make effective sales presentations by offering examples that will improve performance and hold each representative accountable for achieving performance goals.
• Plan and conduct effective sales meetings.
• Ensure compliance of Company policies and regional expectations.
• Work with representatives to share success stories and best practices with the region.
• Monitor data analytics information to ensure full utilization for maximum impact on prescribing physicians.
• Implement and manage incentive programs as a motivating factor for Sales Representatives.
• Identify high performing representatives for recognition and growth opportunities.
• Collaborate and communicate with Marketing and Sales Administration on literature requests, supplies, relevant data maintenance, support issues and fleet management issues.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline
• 3+ years of successful pharmaceutical sales experience is required.
• Minimum of 1 year of management or training experience in a pharmaceutical environment is preferred. Experience managing Sales Representatives is also preferred.
• A demonstrated track record of success is required.
• Strong leadership, team building, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Must consistently demonstrate sound judgment and strategic decision making abilities
• Ability to interpret and utilize business data to drive positive business results
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build business relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
• The DM must be able to deliver presentations verbally and physically be able to perform all job duties which necessitates: driving in a geographically large territory for long periods of time each day; traveling by airplane and car, usually within the US; remaining in standing position for prolonged periods of time; and performing other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time. The DM should have a travel expectation of 50-75%.
Job ID 7662
Location US - TX
Category Sales - Salix
Pos. Type Full Time