Heart of Texas Region MHMR Center LVN 1758 in Texas
The LVN will provide support to individuals admitted to the Crisis Treatment Center. The LVN will perform routine nursing duties under the supervision of RN to include nursing assessment, care, and treatment for clients experiencing behavioral health crisis. The LVN will monitor individuals’ conditions and provide assistance to medical staff in administering therapeutic programs. The LVN will also interact with individuals to promote resolution of crisis and provide patient education regarding risks and benefits of medication. This position is located in Waco.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Time management required to prioritize tasks and complete documentation
- Knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures; health care laws and regulations; medical diagnosis and procedures; accepted medical treatment programs; and community health and nursing care principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to provide patient care, prepare and maintain records, explain public health law, and train others.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Local travel 10% of the time.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required. 10% local travel.
Education and Experience
- Must be fully licensed as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in the State of Texas or in a party state that recognizes reciprocity.
- High school diploma or GED
- Psychiatric experience preferred
Hours: 7PM-7AM Thursday- Saturday and Every Other Wednesdays
Salary: $31,200/$15.00 Hourly (Not including Overtime)
Location: 301 Londonderry Waco, TX
Department: Crisis Treatment Center