Aon Corporation Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) Implementation Manager in Texas
Aon Is Looking For A Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) Implementation Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cloud / Shared Services business group within Aon Hewitt.
Your Impact As A Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) Implementation Manager Job Responsibilities:**
The Human Capital Management (HCM) Implementation Manager is accountable for HCM operational leadership, project implementation management, client relationship management, and people management, Role is also responsible for providing functional leadership and guidance on Aon Hewitt best practices. Implementation responsibilities will be for a single domain (HCM) within a broad HR BPO implementation. Overall responsibilities span people, project management, processes and technology in order to successfully deliver the HCM domain implementation plan and services for live date. Specific responsibilities:**
- Provides input to planning of work activities related to the HCM domain within the overall implementation
- Manages execution of project plan and deliverables for the HCM domain
- Provides input to requirements calendar
- Accountable for the completion of Process Requirements Documents (PRD's)
- Plans, schedules, and leads preparation for process requirements sessions
- Lead facilitator for PRD discussions with assistance from Workday implementation partner and team Business Analysts (BA's)
- Accountable for the development/completion of Internal Acceptance User Acceptance Testing (IAT/UAT) test scenarios and scripts (supported by the Implementation Test Lead)
- Accountable for the development/completion of SOP's/Process Flows, including integrated process flows cross domain as needed
- Owns staffing management of team, including training plans and onboarding of all team members
- Owns and runs domain aligned status update meetings internally and with client ( as applicable)
- Primary escalation point between Operations and IT/PMO on risks/issues/solution needs
- Coordinates team members, drives action items to resolution, ensures updates to change log for domain occur, participates in issue/solution log discussions
- Prepares for and participates in Workday training
- Ensures ongoing delivery colleagues have been hired according to the deal model, on-boarded and operations infrastructure is established for live date
- Plans, coordinates, and supports the integration of India colleagues into the overall implementation project (as applicable)
- Consult/collaborate with internal/external stakeholders to ensure alignment on priorities and ensure adoption of service delivery model
- Escalates, assess, and/or mitigates (when required) risk/opportunities, including contract compliance, performance/delivery, adherence to Best Practices, standardized procedures & documentation, budget deviations
Qualifications: You Bring Knowledge and Expertise Required Experience: **
- HRMS / HCM implementation experience required, Workday experience a plus
- 7+ years’ professional experience in consulting or operational environment
- 5+ years people management experience, especially at a leveraged-contributor level desired
- Client consulting and coaching experience using highly developed interpersonal, influence, and relationship skills
- Familiar with Project Management processes
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks
- Ability to understand and analyze the impact of changing priorities and balance resources appropriately
- Deep HRMS/HCM functional and operational knowledge required
- Proven ability in partnering with business leadership in the creation and achievement of communication strategies and the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management and influence multiple stakeholder groups
- Proven ability to work effectively with business sponsors to gain necessary resources and support in a highly matrixed organizational structure
Experience in leveraging a Systems Development Life Cycle framework to project work Education:**
Undergraduate Degree (BA, BBA, BS in Business), or equivalent degree or work experience required. We offer you A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:**
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2422771
Category: Operations and Tech Services Group
Location: United States, TX, Virtual