Aon Corporation Alight Campus - Benefits Solutions Specialist in The Woodlands, Texas
Alight Solutions Is Looking For A Benefits Solutions Specialist
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Wealth Solutions business group withinAlight Solutions.
This role falls underAlight’s Early Career Development Program, known as Ignite.
Your Impact As A Benefits Solutions Specialist
Alight Benefits Solutions Specialists will work with other colleagues on their respective client teams to ensure that projects for those clients are executed from beginning to end. They will apply expertise to drive better outcomes and satisfaction for our clients and their employees. Specific areas that Alight Benefits Solutions Specialists will be responsible for include ongoing operational tasks, analysis and development of our proprietary system, health and retirement plan rule definition, and project management. Alight Benefits Solutions Specialists will build a strong foundation for their career by performing duties in these four areas. They will engage with clients, other internal team members, and external vendors to execute on activities serving our clients and their employees and building a strong line of sight to the end user experience.
Alight Benefits Solutions Specialists will excel in the role if they have strong analytical and problem solving skills, are clear communicators, and have a self-starter mentality. Attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset are required to help solve our clients complex business needs and streamline our delivery.
Core Responsibility Areas
- Collaborates with the client to resolve requests they may have related to a project or an escalated employee issue
- Resolves cases and/or systematic edits for our clients’ employees
- Works daily with other Alight Colleagues, third-party providers, and client contacts to ensure seamless process delivery for our clients’ employees
- Manages own work and communicates status to team
- Understand how to utilize the data on our proprietary system to perform root cause analysis and trending for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop reports utilizing various data extraction tools to meet client plan rules and/or resolve issues.
- Develops Alight’s proprietary system for new client project requests based upon complete plan rules
- Problem solves systematic issues by analyzing Alight’s proprietary system to determine gaps in functionality as compared to client plan rules to arrive at the true root cause of an issue.
- Demonstrates quality assurance fundamentals by executing test plans to ensure client plan rules meet systematic specifications
- Define plan rules for new client facing project work
- Provides creative solutions to continuously improve and optimize client delivery
- Opportunity to oversee and coach others with regards to a specific project and/or process
- Lead projects utilizing standard project management disciplines
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to learn and apply new skills
- Strong attention to detail and execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks
- MS Office-working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to navigate and learn tools within Alight’s proprietary system
- Ability to problem solve and drive to root cause
- Responds willingly, promptly, and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities, and new situations
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands effectively
- Builds capability to contribute by taking responsibility for own development, tapping multiple sources of learning to deepen own knowledge, seeking out new experiences, and applying learning appropriately
- Demonstrates applied learning by continuously improving own contribution
- Ability to quickly identify problems, opportunities, and alternative courses of action
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation with a focus on improving the employee experience
- Works with and without supervision and has the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Maintains confidentiality
- Teamwork mindset
- Bachelor’s degree**
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Alight’s Early Career Development Program - Ignite, must graduate between December 2017 – June 2018 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Alight’s Early Career Development Program
Alight’s Early Career Development Program – Ignite, is committed to building a diverse group of future leaders within our organization. We’re focused on creating a great place for new college graduates to thrive and offer an accelerated training program designed to build both leadership and technical skills.
Our program offers an opportunity to leverage the power of your degree into real career momentum. We offer instructor-led, web-based, on-the-job training, mentor support and extensive networking with our development platform to help you achieve success.
*Development Platform: *
- *Build business networks and partnerships, *globally
- Develop overall business concepts and acumen, to drive client engagement and business outcomes
- *Grow core impact skills and competences, *to enhance your career growth
Helping you to succeed is our top priority. People Matter.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
About Alight Solutions
Our company is the leading technology-enabled HR and benefits services provider. We help people and organizations thrive each day. Propelled by our enduring commitment to our clients and our business, we’ve become leaders in the markets we serve—#1 in health and welfare administration, #1 in defined benefit administration, #3 in defined contribution administration and a leader in HR services.
Our success is fueled by the expertise of our people and the strength of our proprietary and partner technology, which together enable us to deliver best-in-class services across health, wealth, HR and financial solutions.
Our focus is relentlessly on the future. We strive to be smarter and simpler tomorrow than we are today—so our clients can continue to grow and thrive, in work and in life.
Our values are the essence of who we are:
We believe in the power of people and know that the best ideas can come from anywhere. We act with respect and accountability, mindful that our actions affect the lives of millions in meaningful ways.
Excellence Every Day
We believe that every day is an opportunity for growth and are energized by going above and beyond what’s expected. We are one team, hungry for results, we focus on what matters, and know that for even the most difficult challenges, there is a solution – and we will find it.
We continuously reimagine what the future could be and believe that tomorrow is created by the actions we take today. We learn from one another, champion progress and challenge the status quo.
We are brave in spirit, act decisively, learn quickly and get it done.
We are forthright and genuine when we speak. People can always trust us to say what we mean and depend on us to do what we say.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
For more information about Alight Solutions, visit our website at http://alight.com.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Job number: 2017-15824
Category: Benefits Service Delivery
Location: United States, TX, The Woodlands