Woodforest National Bank Consumer Lending Center Loan Underwriter II in The Woodlands, Texas
The CLC Loan Underwriter II is responsible for underwriting direct loan applications within a centralized processing unit. This includes analyzing credit, structuring credit decisions, and coordinating product delivery with internal and external customers.
· Assists customers and employees with loan requests by identifying immediate and long term borrowing needs, and providing information about the consumer loan process and available products and services.
· Collects and evaluates documentation for loan reviews, such as property evaluations, flood determinations, title reports, income verification, tax returns, credit reports, social security letters, subordinations, flood and home owners insurance, trust accounts, death certificates, divorce decrees, release of liens, judgment releases, mortgage payoffs, and tax liens.
· Enters and processes application information in the loan origination software program; approves or denies applications within loan authority.
· Examines transactions for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to compliance requirements; escalates issues to management for further review.
· Coordinates loan closing with the customer and banking center.
· Performs other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
· Solid technology abilities, including proficiency with Microsoft office and loan origination software applications (APPRO preferred).
· Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines and volume goals in a fast paced environment.
· Strong listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
· Strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy; ability to read and interpret credit related documentation.
· Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, diplomacy, tact and salesmanship.
· Solid analytical skills and the ability to make sound business judgment.
· Fundamental knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues pertaining to consumer loans; ability to follow established policies and procedures.
· 3-5 years in the banking or financial services industry.
· 1-3 years in underwriting or credit operations.
Formal Education & Certification
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or economics preferred.
· Negligible amount of travel expected.
· Conditions involve lifting no more than ten pounds, sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, moving, or standing for brief periods, and occasionally lifting and carrying articles like files, ledgers, folders, etc.
Woodforest is an Equal Opportunity Minority/ Female/ Individuals with Disabilities/ Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Job: *Lending and Credit
Organization: *WOODFOREST NATIONAL BANK
Title: Consumer Lending Center Loan Underwriter II
Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Requisition ID: 025481