Kiewit Corporation Oil Gas & Chemical Engineer- Kiewit Engineering & Design in The Woodlands, Texas
Date:Oct 11, 2016
Location:The Woodlands, TX, TX, US
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2013 revenues of more than $11.8 billion and employs more than 33,000 staff and craft employees.
Oil Gas & Chemical Electrical Engineer Intern - Kiewit Engineering & Design
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude, but is not necessarily limited to the following:
Candidate will be an Oil, Gas and Chemical Engineer Intern who can quickly become familiar with various Oil Gas and Chemical electrical systems and make significant contributions.
- Interested in industrial electrical power, lighting, grounding and control engineering and design with a basic knowledge of power studies and motor control. Willing to learn the requirements of the National Electrical Code and American Petroleum Institute (API) as it relates to designing industrial electrical systems.
- Assist with design and engineering of electrical systems for oil and gas facilities including refineries, chemical plants and compressor stations.
- May assist with the procurement process of equipment specifications, bid evaluation and contract administration.
- Assist with the generating deliverables for projects, working within strict budget and schedule constraints to execute the process engineering scope.
- Assist with preparing engineering designs, including layout, design sketches, and conceptual design.
- Performs and checks engineering calculations following standard methods and principles for projects.
- Assist with conducting engineering cost, feasibility and planning studies analyzing customer needs and data including researching, investigation and coordination of other engineers, and providing recommendations to the customer.
- Uses specific software packages such as ETAP for electrical engineering.
- Contributes to the development of client proposals and project cost estimates.
- Microsoft Office Suites
- ETAP or SKM or similar power systems analysis program (preferred)
- AutoCad (preferred)
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in engineering in Electrical from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program is required.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply.
Nearest Major Market:Houston Job Segment:Construction, Design Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering