American Cancer Society Sr Development Manager, Distinguished Events in Tyler, Texas
Sr Development Manager, Distinguished Events
Submit your LinkedIn Profile as your resume!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 22322
Texas - Tyler
Corporate and Distinguished Partners
3 - 5 Years
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Executes large scale distinguished events portfolio of gala/golf events with accountability for a significant income target of >$ 600K. Ensures goal achievement through effective leadership, fundraising, event-related mission and advocacy activities, volunteer management and collaboration with diverse teams. Must have at least 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or other nonprofit experience in a similar capacity, as well as strong community knowledge, and proven engagement and mobilization of volunteers.
• Proven ability to independently manage multiple project and tasks concurrently and effectively prioritize in a fast paced work environment to meet tight deadlines and consistently achieve income targets that are typically over half a million dollars.
• Recruits and connects high net worth individuals with the appropriate volunteer activities for distinguished events as well as other opportunities within the Society.
• Through volunteer management, show a demonstrated ability to understand others perspectives and influence them to action. Accountable for the achievement of income performance targets for a portfolio of distinguished events such as galas, golf, and other social events.
• Ability to proactively anticipate and efficiently solve problems. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and a relentless drive toward outcomes and high aim.
• Responsible for effectively and efficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines in order to meet financial goals and execute successful distinguished events within a specific market.
• Responsible for planning distinguished events including volunteer committee recruitment and management, goal setting, event logistics, and evaluation.
• Manage pipeline development, account planning, forecasting, engagement of prospects and high level volunteer cultivation. Able to cultivate relationships with targeted systems/organizations, including mobilization of a diverse population of community volunteers and major donors.
• Identifies and executes best practices and community networking that results in growth of event revenue in alignment with income plans; drives and encourages innovation.
• Works within a team to meet event level, portfolio and Division income goals.
• Confidence in relationship building to recruit high level and diverse community volunteer leadership and committees.
• Works in partnership with ACS CAN, including efforts to increase ACS CAN membership.
• Ability to work harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization to leverage external affiliations and accomplish shared goals – including Corporate Relations, Major Gifts, Community Engagement, Advocacy and Sr. Leadership.
• Supports Laureate Society efforts when applicable, assisting with the management of recognition events and activities.
• Ensures compliance with ACS policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls. Ability to manage budgets, analyzes event data, and understands basic account principals to run events like a small business.
• Actively demonstrate and cascade the enterprise-wide mindsets: integrity, collaboration and stewardship.
Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or comparable specific work experience. Preferred 3 -5years of experience with coordination and execution of large scale distinguished events and volunteer management for fundraising and mission outcomes for a multi-million dollar organization.
• Proven experience fostering strong relationships with high net worth individuals, and leveraging those contacts for introductions to new prospects for the Society.
• Able to cultivate relationships including mobilization of a diverse population of community leaders and volunteers.
• Demonstrated fundraising mindset and ability to handle multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills.
• Able to remain composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and takes responsibility for delivering on organizational commitments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
• Responsible for partnering with enterprise support functions for successful planning and execution of events.
• Proven ability to collaborate within staff account teams in order to develop appropriate plans for constituents.
• Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues with constituents.
• Ability to communicate with staff and volunteers, as needed, to negotiate issues as they arise to ensure the integrity of ACS events.
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner; proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events.
• Proficient in computer-based information systems.
Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
Ability to lift 30 lbs and engage in set up/take down of event equipment.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.