BH Management Services Inc. Assistant Property Manager - Blair's Cove Apartments in Waco, Texas
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
*1-3 Years of Experience *
(3) Weeks PTO in 1st year
Birthday – paid day off
Volunteer time off each year
Medical Benefits – 1st of month following 30 days
401k + match – 1st quarter after 90 days
*Come join our growing community of professional Assistant Property Managers! *
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Property Management and desires the opportunity to expand their Management skills with our growing company. As an Assistant Property Manager you would have a vital role in the success of your property. You would be responsible for overseeing the property and staff in absence of the Property Manager, assisting with various reporting functions, leasing and collection of rents.
About BH Management:
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 11th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer.
- Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Oversees the property and the staff in the absence of the Property Manager.
- Assists the Property Manager in the hiring and orientation of new employees.
- Assists with various daily and month-end reports including posting rents, collecting delinquencies, evictions, postings invoices and lease renewals.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of resident ledgers and daily deposits.
- Responsible for knowing the status of vacant units and inspection of all pre-leased apartments.
- Secures lease renewals to ensure the property generates a satisfactory cash flow and strong resident retention.
- Assists with monitoring resident satisfaction in person or through follow-up calls and emails to ensure a positive living experience.
- Daily communication and collaboration with staff, Property Manager and others as needed including any service maintenance requests.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the property, community and competitors
- Assist with building and maintaining a team environment onsite to achieve all property goals.
- Assists with motivating, directing, and evaluating employees and all related personnel issues.
- Physically walks and inspects community on a daily basis to address issues and verify standards.
- Oversees and directs all administrative duties in accordance with company policy.
- Travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications: * *
- High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
- Previous 1-3 years of Property Management and/or industry experience required
- Previous bookkeeping/account reconciliation experience preferred
- CAM/Licensed Property Manager preferred
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- MS Office Word/Excel experience preferred
- Travel may be required
- A valid driver’s license may be required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- A positive, motivating and team-oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to exceed in a very competitive environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people to include co-workers, vendors and customers.
Physical Requirements/Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Temperature/Climate: This position will work in various indoor and outdoor environments based on the tasks that need to be completed.
*Safety Considerations: * This position may operate company vehicles or office type equipment. May have exposure to a variety of physical building conditions during maintenance and/or rehabilitation projects.
*Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: *The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, push/pull, carry, and/or move up to 30 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, technological equipment, tools, or controls.
*Visual/Hearing Capabilities: * The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization
Work Schedule: 9am-6pm schedule, 1st Saturday of the month 10am-5pm and Sundays 1-5 if necessary. (hours may vary to meet the business needs of the property)
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans :
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Your Money Management:
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
- Direct Deposit
Your Work Life Balance:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
- Competitive compensation and earnings potential
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training/mentoring programs
- Internal opportunities for career advancements
- Educational Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Location: Blair's Cove
Job Code: Assistant Manager
# of openings: 1