Sava Senior Care Certified Medication Aide in Waco, Texas
Certified Medication Aide Description
Administers oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical / vocational nurse.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and administers medications to residents following established procedures.
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms or records.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with appropriate licensed practitioner. Notifies supervisor when making the decision not to administer.
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
- Orders and re-orders medications and returns all discharge medications for credit in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains neat, clean, and orderly medication room and cart. Takes appropriate precautions to make sure residents / patient do not have access to medications other than those prescribed.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Certified Medication Aide Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or experience as required by state regulations.
- Successful completion of a state approved course and is approved to administer oral and external medication.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #:: 200106
Facility Name:: Lakeshore Village, Waco, TX
Functional Area:: Nursing
Facility Address:: 2320 Lakeshore Dr
Position Type:: Full-Time
Location:: Waco, TX - 76708