Heart of Texas Region MHMR Center Service Coordinator 1769 in Waco, Texas
Service Coordinators for Nursing Facilities work with consumers, families, and community providers in an effort to meet therapeutic goals of those with IDD currently residing in a nursing facility. This person will develop and monitor Person-Directed Plans and will advocate for the consumers' receipt of services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Travel to hospitals, nursing facilities, and other locations in personal or Center vehicle
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required. 65% local travel and 15% regional travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field
- 1 year of experience with case management and IDD preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $28,840-$31,724 annually/$13.8653-$15.2519 hourly DOQ
Location: Developmental Services 3420 W Waco Drive Waco, TX
Department: Developmental Services