Waste Connections, Inc Landfill Site Manager in Weatherford, Texas
Landfill Site Manager
Join Waste Connections, Inc. and Connect with the Future!
Waste Connections, Inc. has grown to become the 3rd largest publicly traded company in the North American waste industry. Today we operate in 39 states, 6 Provinces and the District of Columbia serving nearly 7 million customers. We are currently seeking a Landfill Manager with strong leadership qualities to lead our daily operations at our Landfill in Weatherford, TX .
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Manages the day-to-day operations at the landfill and provide daily support to ensure quality and budget performance.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes the Market’s strategic capital budget, ensuring effective use of the budget through asset allocation; ensures appropriate spare ratios and asset disposal.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- 5 or more years of landfill experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in heavy construction, and/or environmental field services.
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements.
- Majority of work will be conducted hands on in the field.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, or Geology.
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities is a plus.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)