HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - Stroke in Webster, Texas
_Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX_
_Registered Nurse - Stroke_
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at* Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:* * Breast Diagnostic Center * Cancer care * Diabetes management * Level III emergency department * ACR-accredited imaging center * One-on-one therapy * Neuroscience and neurology * Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery * Wound treatment center * Women’s and Children’s Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a/ Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities/, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties – more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center *is looking for a *_Registered Nurse - Stroke_
- Responsible for assessing, planning and implementing the admission process.
- Responsible for coordinating care and collaborating with other departments to ensure positive patient outcomes and that all of the needs of the patients and significant others are met
- Maintains competency in performing skills as outlined in the Competency Assessment checklist (as appropriate).
- Actively participates in quality improvement activities on a daily basis to promote positive patient outcomes. Identifies trends, single significant events and opportunities to improve care, as well as assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of action plans. Works collaboratively with other staff, physicians, and Charge Nurse to constantly improve the quality of care.
- Responsible for the administration of medications, knowledge of actions, indications, adverse reactions, dosage, and route. Also, must reassess patients for effectiveness of medication and document appropriately.
- Coordinates discharge planning/case management services on the unit.
- Responds to Code Blue and implements life-saving measures.
- Advises on appropriate level of care.
- Responsible for assessment of patient with telemetry monitoring·
- Presents healthcare and aftercare/discharge options.
- Coordinates transfer if appropriate.
- Obtains, handles and documents various specimens appropriately according to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice.
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patient, family, physician, and other healthcare providers. Practices excellent customer service at all times.
- Responsible for direction of emergent/urgent care in crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner.
- Responsible for working with other staff as a team to promote an efficient, well organized unit, which expedites excellent care in order to meet all of the needs of the patients
- Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies and procedures in the Code of Conduct. Attends annual training sessions.
- Maintains equipment and supplies on unit and scans all supplies in the POU room.
- Coordinates the admission process from point of entry to receiving nursing unit.
- Educates patients and significant others beginning with their admission assessment to their arrival on the nursing unit on a level that they can understand. This includes consideration of barriers to learning, psychosocial, cultural, age appropriate, discharge planning, and pain management needs. Involves other departments as needed.
- Maintains clinical knowledge of Core Measure requirements inherent to position. Documents patient assessment, patient education, and patient care activities in the medical record by using terminology that complies with the current Core Measure data definition version. Communicates in a timely manner with other clinicians to achieve Core Measure compliance.
· Six months in a nursing services department preferred.__
· B.S. Nursing preferred.
· Educational requirements appropriate for meeting all of the needs of the patients and significant others (including physical, psychosocial, emotional, spiritual, cultural, educational, pain management, and population-appropriate needs).
· Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as an RN.
· Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
Title: Registered Nurse - Stroke
Location: Texas-Webster-Clear Lake Regional Medical Center- Webster
Requisition ID: 01533-70124