Texas Parks & Wildlife Seasonal Clerk I in Wills Point, Texas
NOTE: *APPLICANT MUST BE 16 YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF EMPLOYMENT. *SEASONAL PAID POSITIONS ARE CONTINUOUS POSTINGS FILLED AT VARIOUS TIMES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. APPLICATIONS WILL BE RETAINED AND CONSIDERED FOR FISCAL YEAR SEPTEMBER 1st THROUGH AUGUST 31st. PARK WILL DETERMINE BUSINESS NEED AND FUNDING TO HIRE. PLEASE CONTACT THE PARK DIRECTLY TO INQUIRE ABOUT OPENINGS.
Under the general supervision of the Office Manager, this position is responsible for general clerical duties, customer service, revenue collection, license and permit sales and automated campsite registration for a State Park. Provides information to the public. Accounts for daily revenue and ancillary product sales. Prepares reports, processes correspondence and performs general cleaning of Headquarters. Operates credit card machine, campsite registration computer and license sales machine. Performs additional duties as assigned. Complies with all Agency, Division and Branch rules, regulations and procedures.
POSTING NUMBER: 17-00111
- Completion of 8th grade.
- No experience required.
- None required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office procedures;
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures;
- Knowledge of basic mathematics;
- Skill in effective verbal and written communication;
- Skill in providing quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner;
- Skill in establishing interaction with staff at all levels of the department and other State agencies and organizations;
- Skill in managing several projects simultaneously;
- Skill in making independent, sound, timely decisions;
- Skill in using MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to accurately handle cash and account for revenue collected;
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Required to work 10 to 40 hours per week with hours other than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and days off other than Saturdays, Sundays and holidays;
- Hours may be reduced or extended as needed through primary peak season from March to September;
- Required to adjust to changing schedules;
- Required to perform work outdoors, occasionally in adverse weather conditions;
- Must conform to agency work rules, safety program and dress and grooming standards;
- Must be at least 16 years of age;
- Non smoking work environment in State buildings and vehicles;
- This position will fluctuate between part-time and full-time status throughout the term of employment. Changing from part-time to full-time and vice versa may impact the amount of leave accrued and health insurance rates;
- Position contingent upon funding.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: In order to be considered for this position, the following information is required:
- Submittal of a completed online application;
- Work history experience MUST be completed in the online application;
- A scanned copy of the official transcript(s) issued from the registrar must be attached to the online application (if applicable);
- Applicants must attach a DD214 or other supporting documentation to the online application to claim Veterans Preference. NOTE: Resume and professional references may be attached to the online application, but not in place of the completed application. A skills test may be conducted at time of interview.
**Army 15, 36, 42, 56, 68, 88, 89, 92 NavyAZ, CS, LS, PS, RP, SH, SN, YN, CWO-SHIPS CLERK Coast Guard360, 420, SK, YN Marine Corps01, 30, 60, 66 Air Force3A, 8A2
Job Posting #: 17-00111
Job Title: Seasonal Clerk I
Closing Date/Time: Thu. 08/31/17 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $10.71 Hourly
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Wills Point, Texas
Work Address: Lake Tawakoni State Park, 10822 FM 2475, Wills Point, TX 75169
Hiring Contact: Sharon Schory, (903) 560-7123
Division: State Parks