Texas Health Resources Patient Account Rep II - Business Office in Arlington, Texas
Patient Account Rep II
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Patient Account Rep II to work Full Time at the Business Office.
The address is 500 E. Border Street, Arlington, TX 76010.
Salary range is Minimum: $15.62/hour – Maximum: $22.90/hour – based on relevant experience
Full Time; 40 hours/week.
Monday – Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Potential to work from home after 90 days of training.
• Verify validity of account balances by researching, reviewing and ensuring accuracy of payment and adjustment posting.
• Contact payors, networks, patients, employers and other responsible parties to acquire timely and accurate/expected payment on assigned Accounts Receivable inventory.
• Use payor specific contracts terms to resolve claims that are in process or have a payment variance.
• Take necessary steps needed to acquire and provide information needed for claims that have a zero payment.
• Refer claims that have a clinical denial to the Denials team for review and follow-up.
• Process rebills and other system actions, as needed.
• Understand and apply appropriate system discounts.
• Enter all communications regarding patient accounts in the host system.
• Accounts should be worked daily, with an emphasis on quality and resolution.
• Worklists should be stratified to ensure high dollar and/or aged accounts are the top priority, with the overall goal of resolving assigned inventory each week.
Focus on Service
• Provide excellent service when dealing with payors, patients, employers, management, hospital staff and other parties within and outside of THR.
• Communication should be clear, concise and professional.
• Requests should be addressed timely, with the goal of completion within 3 days to avoid delinquency.
• Requests deemed as "escalated" should receive immediate attention.
• Identify and resolve problems related to payor contracts and reimbursement in a timely manner.
• Inform Business Operations Supervisor, Manager and/or Payor Champion of any potential trends that might delay accurate
payment (via appropriate mechanism - spreadsheet, email, etc...)
• Recommend accounts for placement with an outside collection/legal vendor when appropriate resolution is not obtained timely.
Compliance with THR policies and procedures. Complete assigned tasks in a timely and effective manner.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
2 years related experience required.
Previous experience in Patient Account Management in a Hospital/Healthcare/Medical Insurance setting preferred.
Knowledge of Commercial payor reimbursement methodologies preferred.
Knowledge of general terminology for medical claims preferred.
EPIC experience highly preferred.
Computer skills required in Advanced MS Word.
Must possess excellent communication, problem solving documentation, training and customer service skills.
Ability to type and general knowledge of computers, calculators and software applications.
Demonstrates the ability to organize and coordinate workflow as well as meeting deadlines.
Must be familiar with organizing, managing workflow and ability to absorb and retain details.
Excellent Data Entry and 10 keypad skills.
Strong alpha and numeric aptitude skills required.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.