University of Texas at Arlington Senior Auditor I in Arlington, Texas
Senior Auditor I
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details. Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1)Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major.
Posting Number S00494P
Position Title Senior Auditor I
Department Internal Audit
Job Family Finance/Accounting
Position Status Full-time
Work Hours Standard
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
Open to External and Internal
Salary Salary is commensurate based on qualifications and relevant experience
Duration Funding expected to continue
Pay Basis Monthly
Benefits Eligible Yes
Leads the planning, performance, reporting and follow up of internal audits and other assigned projects and tasks, under limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads internal audits, with limited supervision, and may independently lead routine or less complex projects.
- Identifies appropriate client contacts, prepares meeting agendas and related questions, demonstrates effective listening skills to gather information, and provides focused and reliable information to team members.
- Leads planning of internal audits and may assist in conducting research to obtain background information. Identifies risks and related controls, including potential fraud risks, during planning and fieldwork with limited supervision. Develops audit objectives, scope and work programs.
- Performs fieldwork activities and conducts client interviews and other client interactions independently or under limited supervision.
- Documents work performed in accordance with Standards. Prepares work papers and other communications in a clear, concise, organized, and accurate manner. Arrives at supportable conclusions based on sufficient evidence documented in the working papers.
- Independently documents initial observations and recommendations to mitigate risks and improve controls. Under limited supervision, communicates timely with clients to ensure identified issues are accurate.
- Prepares draft audit reports with applicable observations and recommendations.
- Delegates tasks to assigned auditors, establish priorities and supervises auditors for routine and less complex audits.
- Sets deadlines for the assigned tasks and monitors own time to meet project deadlines. Timely communicates status to team. Provides clear direction to all team members on their assignments, encourages input from all team members, and provides evaluative feedback to team members in a timely manner.
- Reviews auditors work for compliance with Standards and quality of work on routine or less complex audits. Monitors budget and timeline for routine and less complex audits.
- May lead complex projects or participate in investigations under appropriate supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration, or related field and four years of related experience in commercial or governmental auditing and/or accounting or the equivalent experience. Applicable certification (e.g., CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA).
• Experience with IDEA software • Experience with TEAMMATE software • Experience with PeopleSoft
Special Conditions for Eligibility
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 2
Desired Start Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1)Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting, finance, management, business administration, or related field?
Do you have four years of (paid, fulltime equivalent) commercial or governmental auditing and/or accounting related experience?
Please rank your level of proficiency with IDEA software.
Strong, I utilize IDEA on a regular basis
Moderate, I utilize IDEA on a periodic basis
Minimal, I am familiar with IDEA software
Please rank your level of proficiency with TEAMMATE software.
Strong, I utilize TEAMMATE on a regular basis
Moderate, I utilize TEAMMATE on a periodic basis
Minimal, I am familiar with TEAMMATE software
Please rate your experience and understanding with the functionality of PeopleSoft.
Strong, I utilize PeopleSoft on a regular basis
Moderate, I utilize PeopleSoft on periodic basis
Minimal, I am familiar with PeopleSoft
Documents Needed To Apply
Resume or CV