HCA, Hospital Corporation of America BMT Registered Nurse in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as aBone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurseyou want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicatedBone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurselike you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will utilize nursing processes to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT), general Oncology, and Surgical Oncology unit. You will provide direct patient care, act as a patient advocate within the hospital, and provide guidance to unit staff.
- You will perform and document complete patient assessments using nursing processes at the time of the patient’s admission
- You will create plans for care, including discharge planning, for all assigned patients upon admission, and review care plans daily
- You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
- You will administer prescribed medications to patients
- You will review all new physician orders for assigned patients, ensure the orders are carried out correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services needed
- You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
- You will provide accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
- You will perform narcotic counts, crash cart checks, and cleaning of equipment and work areas
- You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids, label and regulate flow of IV solutions, and document information related to IV therapies
- You will prepare patients for surgical and other invasive procedures, as well as performing post-op care
- 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy Provider – preferred
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification – preferred
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for ourBone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurseopening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: BMT Registered Nurse
Location: Texas-Austin-South Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00196-78221