Hiller Measurements Buyer in Austin, Texas
Hiller Measurements is a growing, dynamic, high-tech organization in Dripping Springs/Austin area. Inspired measurement design is what we're about. It's a value wrought from decades of component, instrument, and system design experience. We've tested toys, simulated atmospheric effects of satellite communications, designed unique parts of our nation's radar systems, and designed test systems for the most exciting electronic vehicles on the road. From our headquarters in the Hill Country southwest of Austin, Texas, we operate on a lean and flexible basis allowing us to adapt to our client's design needs, budget, and schedule.
The Procurement Buyer has the primary responsibility of ensuring material availability to support the production schedule. Other responsibilities include managing inventory levels, supporting material/product level revisions, interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create, ensure accuracy, and place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule.
• Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems
• Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
• Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development
• Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers
• Provide back-up support for supply chain functions including shipping, receiving, material handling and other duties as assigned
• Collaborate with Hiller Engineering Department and provide a high level of customer Service
• Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures
Education, Experiences, and Key Attributes:
3+ years of experience
Experience in electronics industry (preferred)
Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
Expereince with ERP system (Epicor preferred)
Experience establishing and employing demand-pull material planning
Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
Extremely high standards of excellence
Able to influence others & manage conflict
Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Hiller Measurements is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.
Street: 14141 W. Hwy 290