HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Partnership Market that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s HealthCare we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist (Rehab Liaison), you will act as a coordinator between internal and external referral sources, and acute inpatient rehab operations. You will be responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payors, and other referrals sources. You will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical screenings and assessments in collaboration with both hospital Case Management and the Rehab Medical Director. You will work closely with hospital Case Management to ensure a responsive and smooth flowing referral and admission process for the inpatient acute rehab program * You will utilize appropriate patient information sources as well as direct communications with other members of the patient’s care team to identify those patients who may need acute inpatient rehabilitation services prior to returning home * You will assist and coordinate the in-take and pre-admission screening process * You will perform on-site and off-site review of patients in designated facilities to assist Case Management in identifying patients that could clinically benefit from rehab services and the appropriateness of patients for admission * You will provide information related to inpatient rehab and program features to Case Management to share with patients and family members * You will communicate to patients expectations and requirements for participation upon admission to the rehab program * You will demonstrate clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria, leading to
St. David’s HealthCare includes seven of the area’s leading hospitals with over 1500 beds, and is one of the largest health systems in Texas. The organization has been recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award—the nation’s highest presidential honor for performance excellence. St. David’s HealthCare is the third-largest private employer in the Austin area, with more than 10,600 colleagues across 132 sites of care.
St. David’s HealthCare is a unique partnership between hospital management company HCA and two local non-profits—St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. The proceeds from the operations of the hospitals fund the foundations, which, in turn, invest those dollars back into the community. Since the inception of St. David’s HealthCare in 1996, more than $535 million have been given back to the community to improve the health and healthcare of people in Central Texas.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation – preferred
- Ability to navigate a medical record for determination of medical necessity for an Inpatient Rehab Facility (IRF) admission – preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e. Registered Nurse (RN), Physical Therapist (PT), Occupational Therapist (OT), or Speech Therapist (SLP)). If hired prior to 5/1/2020, health care specialty can be Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Current State Licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for State License transfer
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David’s HealthCare policy – preferred
- If Registered Nurse, Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) – preferred and/or achieved within 2 years of accepting position
This position will cover the South-Central Market for St. David's
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist
Location: Texas-Austin-St David%27s Rehab
Requisition ID: 06676-80689