Marriott Customer Engagement Center Operations Manager - No Remote Option in Austin, Texas
Job Number 21013855
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location CEC Austin, 1705 Centre Creek Drive, Austin, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=CEC+Austin%2C1705+Centre+Creek+Drive%2CAustin%2CTexas%2CUS)
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The overall goal of this position is to provide leadership, development, and support managers and associates within the operation. To be familiar and well educated in all areas of the operation and prepared to run the operation in the absence of the Site General Manager and the Director of Operations. In addition, to ensure quality service is being offered to the guests, hotels, and associates.
The Center normally functions on a seven day per week basis. Managers may be required to work different shifts and schedules to accommodate the changing demands of business, including Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays. The number of days worked each week may be adjusted to meet the changing demands of business.
Education and Experience
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major or 2 years’ experience in leading a sales or call center team, or related professional area.
· Twelve to eighteen months of supervisory or management experience preferred.
· Proven record of willingness to contribute to the success of center initiatives and a positive role model for peers and others.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing CEC Operational Activities
· Monitors overall team performance utilizing the tools and resources available
· Key support for front line leaders including development, coaching, and succession planning
· Provides leadership and performance feedback to each manager to develop individual knowledge, skills, and abilities and enhance career development.
· Ensure coaching and development of associates to support CEC key performance metrics
· Partner with Workforce COE to ensure appropriate staffing and attendance to meet business demand including meeting overtime and downtime objectives
· Ensure front line managers have a clear working knowledge and process to support the operation with a manager on duty for all site hours of operation
· Partner with Technology COE to ensure network, routing, onsite and remote agent equipment and systems are properly managed, maintained, and inventoried
· Ensure compliance with Marriott and CEC policies and procedures
· To understand the center as a business and the requirements of the operation to maintain the service and the quality levels the Center has set for itself.
· Act as liaison with other centers in regard to training and business operation.
· Plan and direct the Center’s operating activities with the Senior Management Team.
· Conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions for department exempt and non-exempt level positions.
· Facilitate administration of ongoing department activities; completing and approving HR transactions, leaves of absence, attendance tracking, and overtime requirements.
· Prepare and present (in a timely manner) performance appraisals for all associates directly reporting to this position.
· May act as liaison to other departments or COEs, representing the Operations point of view.
· Be willing to train and to instruct other members of the department and the operation by passing along skills and information to assist them in their development and advancement.
· Provide clear direction and priorities to clarify roles and responsibilities, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
· Support and implement recognition programs that highlight and encourage strong performance and good behavior of team members.
· Support resolution through front line managers of any payroll, scheduling, and attendance issues for associates.
· Conduct and participate in all CEC operations meetings.
· Supports the Training COE for new hire orientation and training and transition process to the CEC operation
· Serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the center. This assignment shall be at the discretion of the Director of Operations or the General Manager.
· Maintain an attitude and commitment to provide excellent service to all business partners and associates. Respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others, regardless of status or position; accept interpersonal differences and maintain a constructive rapport with all associates and customers/guests.
· Perform a variety of other duties as requested
· Participates as a manager on duty to support the operational site activities and associates during the hours of operation
· Maintain constant communication with associates individually and as a group (critique progress, review center objectives, provide feedback, suggest and support new strategies).
· Seek awareness of and communicate operation changes/Marriott promotions/ any other issues to customers/guests.
· Ensure that questions may be correctly answered, problems may be resolved, and compliance with all laws and company policies may be insured.
· Maintain a tradition and attitude of providing excellent service to all customers/guests and associates in the center
· Coach managers and support associate development to achieve continuous improvement in conversion, handling time, and other CEC key performance metrics
· Understand the Center as a business. Strive to meet the requirements of the operation, maintaining the service and the quality levels of the Center. Responsible for the results of their team to help achieve budgeted goals.
· Act independently to analyze problems and to formulate plans to overcome challenges to get work done quickly with a high degree of quality. Make sound and logical decisions and to choose appropriate course of action based on the parameters of the situation at hand while using problem solving tools.
· Analyze Performance Reports and Daily Statistics for direct reports. Implement performance driven strategies to accomplish team goals.
Safety and Security
· Be aware of existing accident prevention and safe work practice programs in the center; work in a manner free from unsafe acts and create a safe environment in which others may work. This includes having all team members comply with ergonomic safety requirements.
· Maintain a clean, neat, well organized workplace free from clutter which projects a professional atmosphere, which supports the general goals of the department and Marriott which is to be a preferred employer and a provider of a desirable work place.
· Follow office procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and safety/security personnel.
· Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities simultaneously. Ability to deal with situations of a dynamic nature, such as modifying plans/actions/decisions under constantly changing circumstances.
o Ability to provide clear direction and priorities in day to day contact with individuals, as well as with a group of people.
o Ability to demonstrate an understanding of and regular use of a time management process which entails effective task performance by planning and prioritizing.
o Prior experience providing direction and defining priorities to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
o Understand how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs