HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Dialysis Equipment Technician in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Dialysis Equipment Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Austin Market Float Pool that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s HealthCare we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Student Loan Repayment
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Dialysis Equipment Technician like you to be a part of our team.
Skilled dialysis equipment technician with appropriate certifications, 2 year degree or associated experience. Working in a supervised environment with the intent of developing performance and effective, efficient independent functioning. Completed training and qualifications for working on dialysis equipment and water systems. Schedules and performs routine repair and maintenance activities of medical equipment, water systems and the physical plant in assigned hospitals units that ensures patient safety and staff operating equipment in accordance with HCA policies and procedures, manufacturer’s documentation, industry standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements. Responsible for efficient use of resources related to repair and maintenance costs.
- Performs routine tasks independently. Ensures compliance with current regulations and guidelines, manufacturer’s guidelines and AAMI standards.
- Performs timely routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair activities to dialysis equipment and water treatment systems and as required and recommended by the manufacturer and established HCA policy and procedures, including maintaining aesthetics of the equipment and water equipment.
- Performs water/dialysate sample collection and processing and reviews and participates in evaluation and reporting of quality results per standards, policies and procedures.
- Documents all daily, weekly, monthly repair and maintenance activity/repairs per applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Participates in monthly QAPI process.
- Collaborates with staff to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
- Escalates outliers in documentation and reports trends in repairs and maintenance.
- Must obtain and maintain water treatment equipment qualification by completing manufacturer’s recommended training annually.
- Supports clinical education by administering return demonstrations on water system
- Attends and successfully completes all technical training programs required by state/federal regulations and company policy.
- Transports equipment as needed and with supervisor consent.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution.
With more than 130 sites across Central Texas, St. David’s HealthCare includes eight of the area’s leading hospitals with over 1500 beds and is one of the largest health systems in Texas. The organization was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award—the nation’s highest presidential honor for performance excellence—in 2014. St. David’s HealthCare is the third-largest private employer in the Austin area, with more than 10,600 employees.
St. David’s HealthCare is a unique partnership between hospital management company HCA and two local non-profits—St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. The proceeds from the operations of the hospitals fund the foundations, which, in turn, invest those dollars back into the community. Since the inception of St. David’s HealthCare in 1996, more than $269 million have been given back to the community to improve the health and healthcare of people in Central Texas.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Dialysis Equipment Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- High School Graduate/Equivalent
- Associate's degree
- 1 year of experience in biomed experience
o Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Valid Drivers License
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Dialysis Equipment Technician
Location: Texas-Austin-Austin Market Float Pool
Requisition ID: 26900-80597