IBM IBM Z Influencer Ecosystem: Z Community Experience /Content Curator in Austin, Texas
As a Worldwide IBM Z Community Digital Experience Administrator and Content Curator, you will have the opportunity to shape and transform the digital experience of our large and thriving global Z developer ecosystem and take it to new heights! You are the type of person who is passionate about staying up-to-date on the latest digital developments and trends, and delivering innovative and impactful digital experiences and content. To be successful, you must be highly motivated, detail-oriented and a self-starter with a strong business acumen who knows how to get things done at big companies through influence, collaboration and partnering effectively across functional areas. In addition, you must have expertise in technical content development, optimization and management, with an emphasis on leveraging digital channels to deliver dynamic content in a fast paced environment. A strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload are essential.
As the IBM Z Community Digital Experience Administrator, you will manage and execute the global IBM Z Community website, its digital elements, design and technical content in compliance with IBM digital marketing and business guidelines. Additionally, you will own the overall Z Community digital experience, as well as the cohesiveness, integration and coordination of developer content, digital features and presence across IBM community and advocacy hubs. In addition, you will:
• Translate the Z Community digital experience vision to execution and implementation of features and enhancements. Partner with internal stakeholders to determine and implement digital strategies that serve as a basis for achieving Z Community business objectives and metrics
• Manage Z Community digital roadmap, ensuring it is integrated to strategic vision and aligned to the ongoing evolution of IBM digital elements, strategy and roadmap
• Manage Z Community digital reporting and tracking requirements to support programs, activities and events, including event registrations, usage, participation and gamification for Hackathons, Challenges, Workshops, Meetups, Skills, etc. Conduct analysis of data and trends for executive level reporting.
• Develop and manage overall web strategy relating to usability, functions/features and user interface from a marketing perspective, working with internal stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with field and marketing teams to manage and execute all digital elements for Z Community, including digital signage, online registration, and production of digital components such as gamification, onsite event activations, social engagement, and production of virtual and broadcast environments
• Develop strategies and feedback mechanisms to ensure a highly impactful developer experience and compelling technical content for the Z Community
• Manage internal and vendor relationships; drive digital and content production schedules using project management. Form content partnerships to promote digital
• Share best practices and insights with internal / external stakeholders and gain alignment as needed for implementation and testing of new digital function/features
• Provide oversight for Community Z digital experience and governance; make recommendations to increase digital efficiencies, improve or resolve operational issues, extend digital reach, and improve ROI (e.g. digital outage contingencies, digital site compliance, leverage best practices and programmatic approaches, etc)
• Evaluate potential digital cross-promotion opportunities with stakeholders and make recommendations; direct implementation of approved activities
• Manage all aspects of virtual channels including contingency planning, ensuring seamlesss best-in-class end-user experience
• Work with internal teams and vendors to plan and implement digital support for virtual and live events, programs and activities, provide technical and logistical support
• Continually enhance the user experience, ensuring that Z Community events, programs and activities are supported with digital functionality and content that provides audience participation and interactivity, virtual sessions and livestreams, and other engagement tactics.
Position will be based in the Silicon Valley area.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
5+ years of web and interface design experience with a focus on web and digital user experience
Demonstrated success in leading and executing the design of a website, microsite or major web project
Exceptional attention to detail
Knowledge of relevant design software, prototyping and wireframing tools (e.g. Wordpress, etc.)
Ability to lead multiple projects with tight timelines
An innovative portfolio that exemplifies excellence in experience design
Strong understanding of Design Thinking, design methodologies, Agile, and rapid ideation processes
Proven capability to create, execute and deliver compelling technical content, strategic messaging and positioning targeted for developer / academic / technical audiences
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the keen ability to translate complex ideas into various mediums (articles, blogs, videos, social media, PPT slides, email) for effective, audience-appropriate consumption
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience with IBM Z and Linux on IBM Z
Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and manage tasks in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and requirements. Ability to work with cross-functional team members
Ability to travel up to 25%
Understanding of emerging technologies and use cases
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs