Applied Materials Manager III, Non-Technical Project/Program Management - (M3) in Austin, Texas
Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors (jobs that could be on the C, O, T or B/E band). Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
Ensures that specific project and program objectives are defined for areas of responsibility, and that necessary preliminary activities (e.g., determination of outcomes, milestones, viability studies, and resource planning, among others) are completed to allow for effectiveness and focus during later stages of completion.
Ensures that all projects and programs assigned are completed in accordance with predetermined requirements, with specific attention to product/process specifications, project/program costs, resource utilization, and timeliness for completion.
Ensures that all phases of project, program and/or process development are documented and that information required in other functional areas is reported, disseminated, or transferred, as appropriate. Ensures compliance with Company policies regarding Engineering/Lab notebooks, patents, confidentiality and safety.
Ensures that the utilization of all material and financial resources is carried out in an effective manner.
Effectively assigns work to subordinate staff, providing for professional development in addition to maximum productivity for the area.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Primary Location: Texas-TX,Austin
Job Title: Manager III, Non-Technical Project/Program Management - (M3)
Job: Project/Program Management
Requisition ID: 1803398
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Posting Type: Internal / External
Relocation Package: No Relocation