HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mechanical Circulatory Support RN MCS CVICU in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Mechanical Circulatory Support (RN) in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Heart Hospital of Austin, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN) like you to be a part of our team.
*SIGN-ON BONUSES UP TO $10,000 FOR EXPERIENCED CVICU NURSES *
JOB SUMMARY This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating the care. The RN - MCS is responsible for providing proficient patient care for the following patients:
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump management (IABP)
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
- Open heart recovery TheRN- MCSadministers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN - MCS is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the RN works collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN – MCS performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital and one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department; an advanced Executive Wellness Program; six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs; three catheterization labs; and electrophysiology services. It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world.
As a smaller, specialty hospital, Heart Hospital of Austin offers a family-like work environment where most all employees know each other by name. As part of St. David’s HealthCare, it is one of seven of the area’s leading hospitals and part of one of the largest health systems in Texas.
Heart Hospital of Austin is nationally recognized by numerous independent rating organizations for its excellence in clinical quality.
HCA Healthcarehas been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for ourMCS RNopening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Experience 1 – 3 Years Intensive Care Experience Required 2 years of Intensive Care Experience Preferred
• Mechanical Circulatory Support o Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) o Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) • Impella • Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump management (IABP) • Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) • Open Heart recovery
Education Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Mechanical Circulatory Support RN MCS CVICU
Location: Texas-Austin-Heart Hospital of Austin
Requisition ID: 25960-74170