OSRAM SYLVANIA Quality Technician in Austin, Texas
General responsibilities are to provide support to the Quality Engineering staff in relation to customer issues, supplier and incoming material evaluation, failure analysis, and support of the Quality Management System. Specifically, the individual will have the listed responsibilities as well as any as defined by the Site Quality Manager: * Provide returned material analysis for PIA lamps and fixtures. This process includes processing returns, database management, tracking and reporting. * Incoming inspection of raw materials and manufactured items of or related to the manufacture of converter platelets at the Exeter site. * Validation of certificates of conformance or certificates of analysis for incoming raw materials. * Assessment of in-process manufactured materials and finished goods for compliance to specifications and standards. * The design and manufacture of fixtures, jigs and the like for the purpose of evaluation, inspection or failure analysis of lamps and manufactured products. * Support and design of statistical process control initiatives for the Converter Platelets Product Group. * Assist with Design of Experiments efforts for determination of yield enhancement efforts or determination of cause of cause of failure or yield loss. * Provide support for measurement Systems Analysis and Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies.
- Minimum of five years of related experience in engineering and/or quality support with a minimum of at least two years in a Quality support role.
- Associates degree in a technical or engineering discipline or 10 years of experience with at least 5 years in a quality support role preferred.
- Proficiency with writing and understanding technical procedures.
- Experience with mechanical design, AutoCADD, and/or Solidworks considered a plus.
- SAP and database experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple daily tasks
- Experience interacting with the customer base and with multiple groups within and outside of the Osram organization; both technical and non-technical.
- Six Sigma training and/or lean manufacturing experience considered a plus.
Title: Quality Technician
Requisition ID: 10005689