Randstad SR Java Developer in Austin, Texas
SR Java Developer
salary:$110,000 - $115,000 per year
date posted:Wednesday, April 7, 2021
industry:Finance and Insurance
SR Java Developer
One of our Austin clients is seeking a Sr Java Developer to add to their growing team. In this role you will design and develop proprietary software in a highly secure and a heavy transaction-based environment. Looking for well-rounded developers who have a proven track record of delivering scalable and robust business applications. The ideal candidate must be capable of designing and developing new functionality as well as consistently producing on-going scheduled maintenance releases.
The developer will be part of an Agile team, developing proprietary software and technology to support internal teams and external partners.
· BS/MS in CS or equivalent preferred, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of J2EE development experience for proprietary technologies in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong Java skills and object oriented design experience, including working knowledge of core libraries and design patterns.
· Significant development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
· Experience integrating with databases (preferably Oracle) and middle-tier application server architecture.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in working in a collaborative team environment.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
· Experience with Toplink or Hibernate is a plus.
· Experience with agile development methodologies desired.
· Preferred experience with JBoss, Weblogic, JMX, rule engine, and SOA.
· Significant experience with automated test frameworks (Junit & WebUnit).
· Prefer working experience with 3rd party integrations.
· Working knowledge of current software security technologies (encryption, authentication, etc.), and their incorporation into software systems; experience with Atalla is a plus.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
· Deliver highly scalable and reliable business applications using J2EE technologies.
· Maintain a suite of existing applications by implementing new features and fixing critical bugs.
· Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements.
· Ensure that unit and system tests are automated and complete per quality assurance requirements.
· Optimize performance and scalability as necessary to meet business and financial goals of application and environment.
· Adhere to current documentation standards and produce necessary documentation for training and compliance.
Experience level: Experienced
Minimum 5 years of experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
- Randstad Jobs