HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Ultrasound Educator in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as an Ultrasound Educator you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Ultrasound Educator like you to be a part of our team.
As an Ultrasound Educator, you will be responsible for the organization, administration, and documentation of the department’s orientation, competency, training and educational programs. You will assists with the development and revision of policies, procedures and protocols. You will demonstrate advanced knowledge and expertise in Sonography, especially Maternal Fetal Medicine Sonography.
- You will function as a staff technologist whenever necessary
- You will be responsible for the education of staff, consultation, committee involvement, and role modeling
- You will collaborate with health care team to facilitate continuity of patient care
- You will plan, develop, present, and evaluate department’s educational programs
- You will develop, implement and maintain an orientation program for new employees
- You will assist with hospital orientation and hospital-based training
- You will be responsible for researching and implementing new clinical practices
- You will assists in sonographer recruitment and retention efforts
- You will collaborate with Supervisor/Director in counseling/disciplinary process and to assist with evaluation of staff
- You will oversee technologists to ensure the quality of work and initiate coaching by enlisting improvement in a positive manner orally or in writing
- You will ensure that the Ultrasound program is in compliance with all ACR, FDA, and Department Policies and Procedures
- You will ensures Quality Control, Quality A and Performance Improvement activities are completed and accurate
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the highest level of women’s health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacentSt. David’s Women’s Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, theTexas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is also home toSt. David’s Children’s Hospital. St. David’s Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of St. David’s North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named aWorld's Most Ethical Company by Ethispheresince 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Ultrasound Educator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Experience * Minimum of 5 years previous experience as a Maternal Fetal Medicine Sonographer
Education * A single two-year allied health education program that is patient-care related OR Approved ultrasound technology education program or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) recommended relevant work * Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related technological field - preferred
License and Certifications
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) Obstetrics (OB) within one year of hire
- Fetal Nuchal Translucency or Nasal Bone Certification through the Fetal Medicine Foundation within one year of hire
- BLS Certification as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: Ultrasound Educator
Location: Texas-Austin-North Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08224-75652