Microsemi Corporation Validation Engineer in Austin, Texas
Microsemi is a premier supplier of high value-add semiconductors, systems and services for the enterprise, data center and telecom markets. Microsemi products enable customers to build secure, reliable and low power systems that can meet stringent requirements of next generation communication networks.
The Microsemi Communications product group located in Austin, TX is in search of a Validation Engineer for Voice processing and line circuit products.
The candidate will be involved with the designing, building and use of testing tools and regression tests that enable us to deliver quality products to our customers. The candidate will understand the system, software, and device level requirements for the CMOS mixed signal semiconductor devices under development by the engineering teams. These devices include: DSP, internal memory and peripheral interfaces directed at the audio markets. From this understanding, the candidate will specify and execute test plans to validate the new silicon and its built-in software. Validation plans developed and executed will include automation to facilitate and ease regression testing of new silicon, and software revisions.
- The creation of the test plan from the requirements specification.
- Creation of the specific test cases required by the test plan.
- Oversee the execution of the test plan.
Creation of the validation reports to be presented at the production readiness review.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Prefer 1 year of experience in Automated testing of Silicon Devices (ie: GPIB/USB instrument control).
- TCL/Tk or Python scripting language preferred.
- Ability to take functional specifications and creating test plans required.
- Experience writing/debugging automated regression tests, and testing methods required.
- Competent with the C programming language required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled