Texas Health Resources Telemetry Monitor Tech - PT; 7:00pm to 7:00am - experience preferred - Bedford in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford seeks to hire a Telemetry Monitor Tech for part-time employment in the Centralized Tele Monitoring Unit.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, TX 76022.
Salary: min $14.41 – Max $21.26, based on relevant work experience.
Part-time: 24 hours per week
Night Shift: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
Days worked vary from week to week.
Some holiday and weekend work may be required.
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Demonstrates competency in the set up and use of the telemetry monitoring equipment.
• Collects, reports and documents patient information (rhythms/rate) timely and accurately.
• Seeks assistance, supervision or consultation when unsure of rhythm(s) identification.
• Distinguishes and reports abnormalities and initiates action to provide continuity of care.
• Admission/dismissals are processed promptly; Preparations are made to get the monitor ready for admission.
• Notifies RN promptly of any changes in monitor
• Communicates promptly of perceived risks specific to patient safety or immediate need for assistance.
• Safety checklist/quality controls completed as required
• Assures that alarms are activated with appropriate settings and are sufficiently audible
• Assists with documentation that supports and meets hospital and regulatory requirements
• Complies with personnel policies i.e. Attendance, ID badge, Dress Code, et. al.
• Take steps to learn and develop own performance
• Communicates per department expectations
• Uses Clinical Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers, and all other disciplines
• Actively participates in informal training, development and evaluation of team members
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co- workers, physicians, all disciplines, and other customers
• Works assigned schedule and adjusts to help meet departmental and patient needs
• Maintain appropriate skills i.e. rhythm interpretation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• 1 Year direct patient care experience involving telemetry monitoring OR
completion of educational program which includes telemetry monitoring
• Completion of Telemetry/EKG test within 30 Days
• EKG rhythm/rate translation experience highly preferred
• Basic Understanding/ability to learn medical terminology
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources
- Texas Health Resources Jobs