Kiewit Corporation Heavy Equipment Mechanic in Bremond, Texas
Date: Mar 13, 2018
Location: Bremond, TX, US
Requisition ID: 73265
• Maintains Heavy Equipment (Haul Trucks, Blades, & Dozers)
• Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause(s) and makes necessary adjustments or repairs and installs necessary parts.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operations; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Assists operators with preventative and predictive maintenance of equipment by inspecting and testing electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic components.
• Performs walk around inspections.
• Observes all operation policies and procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
• Participates in a Job Hazard Analysis of the working area.
• Required to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
• Five or more years’ Mechanical experience on heavy equipment, preferably equipment used in the mining environment .
• Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals and labels. Ability to fill put all paperwork associated with job.
• Working independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Nearest Major Market: College Station
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Chemical Research, Mechanic, Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations