AdventHealth ER Lab Assistant - Phlebotomist Nights in Burleson, Texas
Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
6:30pm - 7am
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Receives, identifies, accessions, processes, and transports specimens in house and to offsite locations
Ensures work space is maintained in a safe, aseptic, and organized manner
May be required to perform phlebotomy functions for all age groups
Fulfills clerical duties, including answering phones, data entry, and document filing
Batching and processes specimens and performs record keeping duties, as required by department
Cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces
Performs materials management duties, such as maintaining supply inventories and transporting equipment/supplies
Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Ability to draw and collect blood samples from patients, verify records, and prepare specimens for laboratory analyses
Ability to implement aseptic technique principles
Up-to-date knowledge of blood collector equipment, anticoagulants, special precautions, and interferences
Up-to-date knowledge of laboratory tests and laboratory ordering processes
Ability to process laboratory specimens with appropriate use of hospital and laboratory information systems
Ability to evaluate collected specimens for volume, collection containers, and related measures
Ability to accession specimens, evaluate samples for proper submission, and document issues
Ability to track and restock inventory, as appropriate
Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
High School Education or equivalence required
- Must have 1 year of hospital phlebotomy experience
- Phlebotomy certification or equivalent highly preferred
Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned work area.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: Texas Health Huguley Hospital
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs