Robert Half International Product Owner in Carrollton, Texas
Essential Job Functions:
• Apply your strategic perspective to refine the backlog so the team knows what to work on and when.
• Protect the team from external interruptions, separating legitimate emergencies and opportunities from pointless derailments.
• Interface with other teams, both inside and outside the deparment, to help the team effectively collaborate with others.
• Remove large scale impediments that are preventing the team from delivering value.
• Help ensure an ongoing commitment to the customer/audience within the team.
• Drafts key objectives, strategies and apply the data for a product to make business decisions.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to understand business needs/requirements and translate them into stories to be implemented.
• Define business requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, business procedures descriptions, and workflow analysis.
• Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with business/product strategy.
• Clearly define acceptance criteria that articulate the value expected for each user story.
• Analyze and document current and future optimized business process models that accurately reflect user workflows.
• Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
• Communicates with customers, stakeholders and delivery team to ensure continuing alignment with the vision and strategic objectives.
• Promotes continuous improvement to support a highly efficient and effective solution delivery process.
Non-essential Job Functions:
• Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
• Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
• Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong understanding of Agile and applied methodologies
• Strong knowledge and use of JIRA, and Confluence
• Possesses a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience, integration and dependencies
• Solid knowledge and understanding of the functional design and architecture of application systems across multiple technologies and platforms
• Solid knowledge and understanding of organizing, gathering and developing specific requirements documents
• Solid knowledge and understanding of organizing people, tasks, and activities to yield efficient workflow
• Understand the concept of data flow and storage
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and work experience
• 5+ years of experience in business or requirements analysis
• Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining products, systems and processes in large-scale, complex environments
Agile, Agile Scrum, Create User Stories, Backlog Grooming, JIRA
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $61.75 - $71.50 / Hourly
Location: Carrollton, TX
Date Posted: November 6, 2020
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 04010-0011522484
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs