Universal Forest Products Experienced Machine Operators in Cedar Hill, Texas
Associates will be continuing to receive training on additional equipment, machining principles, Safety and Quality. Associates will also begin training in more detail in the completion of safe setups, doing tooling changes, and will become exposed to feeding parts on CNC machines and those that requiring a higher level of operating knowledge.
- Ability to read dimensions in fractions and decimals as well as convert them when required.
- Show proficiency in measuring parts with calipers and other measuring instruments to a level of .001" or .01mm.
- Show basic knowledge of cutting tools and tooling and proper tooling choices based on material types and operations.
- Able to make unassisted tool changes on basic stationary equipment.
- Ability to understand basic information driving work assignments and allowable hours.
- Ability to setup and safely operate basic stationary equipment unassisted while utilizing powered stock feeders or automatic functions and movements.
- Able to operate CNC based equipment from the standpoint of loading, unloading and the cycling of the machine but not requiring setup or programming knowledge.
- Be able to read and understand detailed information from drawings to ensure that parts being produced are correct and quality standards are met.
- Show the ability to understand the proper use of gages to check thicknesses, angles, machining traits, etc. of parts requiring their use.
- Exhibit an awareness for safety and strive to maintain a well organize and safe work environment.
- Lift, move, push, pull, carry or manipulate large and small materials such as wood, laminate, metal or etc. weighing up to 20lbs frequently and 50 lbs alone. Assistance is required with items weighing over 50lbs.
- Must be able to provide accurate counts of product being processed.
- Ability to catch parts and assist others in material handling operations.
- Have the ability to learn and operate basic power hand tools.
- Show efficient operation of basic stationary equipment such as drill presses, chop saw, table saw, presses, joiners, shears including setups and tooling changes with little assistance.
- Follow and understand the proper use of machine guards on all equipment and all of the time.
- Follow safe material handling practices when loading, unloading, stacking or unstacking of all parts and raw materials.
- Maintain proper housekeeping practices on a daily basis including your work area.
- Be able to follow directions well
- Understand job standards
- Display the willingness to learn
- Teamwork- have the ability to work well with others and cooperate with other departments and all members of the organization.
- Continually work toward improving quality, productivity and safety.
- Be well organized and have good attention to detail
- Other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled