Bank of America Consumer Compliance and Operational Risk Manager in Dallas, Texas
The Compliance and Operational Risk Manager contributes to the independent compliance and operational risk oversight of Front Line Unit (“FLU”) performance and any related third party/vendor relationships in alignment with the Compliance and Operational Risk Management Program. This role is on the Consumer Operations Compliance and Operational risk team. This role exercises judgment and influence, and may constructively challenge the Consumer Operations FLU and control function leaders to mitigate and re-mediate risk, balancing business strategy with appropriate controls. As a member of this risk officer team, this role applies business acumen to promote a culture of compliance and operational risk management while working with the FLU to identify, debate, escalate and mitigate risk by:
• Building relationships and discussing projects and programs with FLU partners
• Determining and reporting on the health of the FLU's control environment through the Risk & Controls Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) process
• Overseeing the identification and maintenance of high risk processes in the Process, Risk & Control Inventory
• Conducting compliance and operational risk assessments
• Monitoring and testing the FLU's quality assurance results
• Identifying aggregating, reporting and escalating compliance and operational risks, issues and control enhancements for FLU
• Assisting in the execution of governance and management routines
• Updating relevant policies to ensure they reflect regulatory and operational requirements
• Identifying compliance and operational risk training needs, provide subject matter expertise to support development of training curriculum, and inspect FLU/CF and third party participation
• Preparing for regulatory exams and audits
• Escalating regulatory relations concerns to the appropriate risk executive
10+ Years Functional Experience
Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
Previous Operations or Operational Risk experience required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Candidates will need to be able to work across the Enterprise to complete their responsibilities.
Examples this candidate will need to work with regularly include:
Global Technology and Operations
Consumer Product Risk Teams
Enterprise Independent Testing Teams
Posting Date : 09/13/2019
Newark, DE, Deerfield III, 655 Paper Mill Rd,
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
Dallas, TX, BANK OF AMERICA PLAZA, 901 MAIN ST,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs