Aviall, Inc. Hazmat Manager – Central Distribution Center 2nd shift in Dallas, Texas
Aviall, A Boeing Company is a leading solutions provider of aftermarket supply-chain management services for the aerospace and defense industries and is the largest subsidiary of The Boeing Company. Aviall has an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do culture with the backing of one of the world’s best companies, Boeing.
The Hazmat Manager - Central Distribution Center develops and implements plans for managing Warehouse processes for production and/or client implementation. Communicates with Warehouse Leadership and Individual Contributors regarding Safety, Quality and Productivity requirements. Determines and requests resources to satisfy customer requirements.
• Manages the Hazmat Value Stream within the Distribution Center.
• Act as liaison to coordinate and execute strategies, resolve issues, set priorities between compliance, customers, validate data within programs, and ensure proper documentation flow through supply systems.
• Manages Distribution Center policies and processes, the collection of data and conducts analysis with the goal of improving the organization's Distribution Center operations.
• Participate in proposal activities in support of strategic initiatives to enable business growth.
• Identifies underperforming areas and recommends improvements or resolutions to problems.
• Ensures compliance with all regulations related to contract requirements. • CDC Point of Contact for all Hazmat related compliance and regulated material handling/processing requirements. • Sets direction for the Hazmat Value Stream in alignment with the direction for the CDC and Aviall. • Responsible for staffing and budgeting recommendations to meet the Company, Customer and facility requirements. • Manages the Hazmat Value Stream staff, professionals and/or supervisors. • Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of directly related experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
Coursework and/or Certification(s):
- Hazmat certification required.
3+ years in prior management role
Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Aviall is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Requisition ID: 13049