Berry Appleman & Leiden Immigration Assistant in Dallas, Texas
Who we are: BAL is a team of brilliant people who change lives through elite immigration work and collaborative innovation. We pursue the exceptional in all that we do, but never at the expense of our values. There’s no denying our work is demanding, both in volume and pace, but we’re up for the challenge. We love the balance of hard work and fun – so, you’ll see us in jeans as we shatter glass ceilings and conventional stereotypes. BAL employees feel valued, rewarded, and respected. We seek opportunities to be of service to others and our communities. We are committed to your growth and development, and want to set you up for success here at BAL and beyond.
Who you are: You are looking for work that has purpose. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done. You learn quickly. You move fast. You embrace challenge and detail as well as creative thinking. You believe you have something unique to contribute and you aren’t afraid to raise your hand. You understand that powering human achievement is ultimately about impacting a real person. You are looking for a place to grow and an environment where everyone has a spot and is genuinely welcome.
We’re better together: A bright, driven person like you and an industry-leading powerhouse like BAL? It’s a perfect combination! We truly want to see you succeed here and become an integral part of our mission to provide an experience that makes a positive difference in people’s lives. Come be a part of something special, where you can have an impact and be valued just for being you!
The Immigration Assistant is responsible for providing general support to Paralegals and Attorneys with a variety of tasks and activities. This person will begin to learn and understand the immigration process by assisting in the preparation of documents and applications while learning how to communicate with clients. He/she must project a professional image for the firm through in-person and phone interaction.
• Supports Paralegals, Senior Paralegals and Attorney in email/phone communications
• Provides limited guidance to assignees regarding proprietary systems and case processing
• Develops understanding of client communication procedures and requirements
• Inputs client services rendered and sends to Accounting for processing
• Begins to learn procedures and documentations requirements for case types (simple and advanced); executes case processing tasks as assigned
• Processes basic corporate immigration cases
• Relays concerns and proactively escalates to the appropriate BAL team member(s)
• Utilizes templates and prepared materials when completing documents for attorney review; begins learning BAL best practices
• Manages status of all filed applications and petitions and finalizes documents after attorney review
• Utilizes document and data management systems to prepare, monitor, and record all aspects of client casework as per BAL policy
• Learns how to prepare internal caseload reports for management
• Shares process flow (based on templates) with assignees
• Performs research to obtain information such as background on a company or industry, current wages, processing procedures, standard processing times, etc.
• Initiates contact with government agencies to obtain necessary information; alerts Senior Paralegal and/or attorney regarding potential process delays/problems
• Superb organizational skills
• Self-motivated; comfortable with limited oversight and ability to execute independently
• Ability to manage cases and work within strict timelines
• Excellent English language skills; both verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy; proofread and edit one’s own work product
• Proficient with MS Word suite of prodcuts; general computer knowledge and typing skills, including word-processing, email, and forms software
• Professional, respectful attitude towards all coworkers
• Strong analyzation skills
• Communicates effectively with peers, co-workers, clients and cross-functional teams
• General office duties including scanning/copying and immigration file preparation
• 0 – 2yr corporate immigration experience or equivalent years of relevant experience
of Openings: 1
External Company Name: Berry Appleman & Leiden
External Company URL: www.usabal.com
Street: 2400 N. Glenville Drive