Lockheed Martin Paint Technician C in Dallas, Texas
Description: Job Summary:
Applies basic technical skills and knowledge in original equipment manufacturing of paint preparation. Performs initial surface preparation and other detailed work operations required to be completed in this area of specialization
• Sanding as required to remove old paint and other surface materials that may interfere with paint application.
• Fill surface imperfections with specified material and sand as appropriate to promote smooth finish.
• Perform minor assembly of parts, components and subsystems using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope to apply primer, topcoat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards.
• Mask and tape components as necessary to prevent paint overspray and allow for multiple color application.
• Read and interpret specifications and documents to define the scope of work on work orders.
• The individual is required to be a supportive member of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) and Quality System policies to provide a safe work place and eliminate conditions and behaviors which may cause work related illnesses and/or injuries while delivering quality product and services on time.
Desired Skills: • Must have 1+ years of experience paint preparation process
• Must meet the physical requirements and be certified to wear respirator.
• Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis using proper lifting techniques
• Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and/or sit for extended periods
• Must be able to works with minimal supervision.
• Must have good communication skills both verbally and written.
• Knowledge and experience with lean and continuous improvement philosophies and methodologies preferred.
• Must be a team player and have skills required to establish and sustain a lean culture.
• Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) preferred.
• Must be willing to work any shift
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required.
Candidate must successfully complete FAA drug screening test and have no violations of FAA agency regulations documented in the records of drug and alcohol testing carried out by previous employers during the previous two years. This position is a safety sensitive position covered under FAA, subject to ongoing random drug and alcohol screening program. This includes being tested for Marijuana, Cocaine, PCP, Opiates & Amphetamines or a metabolite of these drugs.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.