Goldman Sachs & Co. Payments Engineering - Team Lead - Payments Platform in Dallas, Texas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking for an senior engineer who is passionate about software development, technology and building solutions to enable critical financial businesses to function and optimize their effectiveness. We need someone with the experience to build and lead a team a team of engineers who can deliver solutions that delight our clients.Payment processing has recently become one of the key areas of focus for financial services and fintech industry. It is at the center of innovation for automating and streamlining flows to meet the needs of a variety of clients across the globe.Our Payments Engineering team builds and supports the systems that provide a comprehensive payment solution to the firm’s needs across institutional, consumer (Marcus) and internal (treasury) clients. These systems manage the entire payment lifecycle – from initiation to execution - of all inbound and outbound cash flows for the firm across 60 currencies spanning multiple payment electronic networks and platforms globally.Governing these critical flows is not a responsibility we take lightly. We, therefore, are seeking capable engineers who are up to the task of designing, building, testing, deploying and supporting these systems with a special focus on scale, resiliency and high availability. Our technology stack includes Java, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Angular, DB2, MongoDB, Oracle, GS Search (proprietary search tool), Elastic search, and Kafka.Our global team is well-balanced in size and experience levels, enabling you to maximize your potential. We have both the senior and junior developers who will work with you, challenge you, and teach you along the way. Our engineers often blur the lines between front end, back end, DevOps, and product management, and we value developers who can cover a breadth of skills while also cultivating areas of expertise. A willingness to learn new languages, technologies and the business will be key to your success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will build and develop a team of world-class engineers
• You will forge strong relationships with our clients in Operations, Trading and Sales as we deliver solutions that are critical to our business
• The team you will join is a large community of like-minded technologists in a very flat structure
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Degree in any STEM subject (or equivalent work experience)
• 10+ years of experience
• Excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent leadership and communication skills, with proven ability to build and motivate a team
• Experienced stakeholder manager
• Professional experience coding in Java
• Degree in computer science
• Experience working in financial services industry
• Experience with payment systems
• Experience with database technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitCross Div Apps & Workflow